Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Day 58 - Whole30 - this could be a long post!

9:31AM This is already an incredible day.  I had less than 6 hours of sleep last night.  I am a bit tired but I feel fantastic!  I feel confident and hopeful.  I feel strong.  I wonder is this is the "Tigers Blood" the Whole30 books talk about.  I wish I were better at expressing myself right now.

In my car this morning I was thinking about this little journey.  I thought about how much I have prayed to be released from the bondage of weight...and now I realize from food as well.  I consider this Whole30 a gift, an answer to prayer.  I don't believe it has been given to me to use temporarily and then set it aside.  It's not a quick fix even if the results have been amazing in just 60 days.  I truly believe this was given to me to live as a lifestyle. I don't think we are given many blessings that are intended to be set aside after the initial wow factor of the blessing.  I think by nature we don't realize the significance of the blessing and so we discard it.   I will not do this.  I thought about salvation.  It's a gift freely given to us.  Having this personal relationship with God has many many benefits while we exist on earth.  But the best part of the gift we don't receive or even truly comprehend until we pass.  Initially many people have that "Wow" factor of receiving salvation and then life becomes life again so the significance of the gift becomes a bit more common and we tend to back burner it.  Some however understand from the get go, some who set it aside later are reminded of the significance but in a deeper way, and then they embrace the gift and live the gift!  I plan to live this gift and this gift has given me greater insight to some other gifts I have set aside.  This Whole30 is all about health, but it's so much more than just physical health.

Okay, that was my soap box for this morning.  I reserve the right to get back on the soap box at any time today.

I was out of bed this morning by 6:15. That's better than yesterday and pretty darn good since I was in bed after midnight!  I ate my breakfast of diced steak and pico in the car.  I brought my coconut oil coffee with me.  Here is a little TOOT of my own horn.  I am successfully at 4 cups or less each day of coffee now.  This is pretty huge.  I am working on getting to 2, but I am working slowly.  Also, I consistently have my coffee AFTER my breakfast.  I am no longer drinking it first thing.  Okay, done tooting my own horn.  Anyway, hubby fixed Brandys breakfast, Brandy packed her own snack...these seem like little things but they are a HUGE help.  Never take little HUGE helps for granted people.  I also had time to fix my hair a bit more than normal and I put on ALL my make up, not just my normal powder, blush and mascara.  So I look a little more put together today and that helps me feel better about myself.  My goal was to be at work by 7:30.  I was here by 7:35.  I am good with this morning.

I did not bring my lunch today so I will be headed out to eat something.  We shall see what that will be!

12:56AM quickly getting in my post before going to sleep. I aplogize for the lateness...homework is killer! 

For lunch I came home and made tuna with my homemade memo, added pickles. Put it on tip of lettuce and onions.  Dinner was grilled pork, 2 pieces because I was actually hungry, with smashed cauliflower and green beans. Ghee in the cauliflower. 

So sleepy!!! Goodnight friends!

No comments: