Monday, June 1, 2015

Day 57 - Whole30 - Not going back!

10:51 AM  You know the past couple of days seemed out of control.  Perhaps I should say they were out of "my" control.  I have mentioned before how much I like to have and follow a plan.  It's hard for me to operate for an extended amount of time without a plan.  But due to my husbands spontaneous (and somehow productive) nature I am operating without a plan...out of my control.  In the past I would have used this as an excuse to let my eating be out of control too.  Over the past 2 months I have proven to myself that this is simply not true!  I can still be in control of my eating decisions. Taking that responsibility actually helps the overall feeling of being out of control.  It's the one thing I can be in control of at all times.

This week looks pretty awesome!  Nice neat organized days.  I have a lot to work on each night at home as I need to clean (remember - no housekeeper) and get stuff ready for the garage sale each and every night! My two summer classes also start today!  I purposely put my "class time" for later in the afternoon AFTER I take care of some pending/piling up work items.  I will be eager to get to class time :-).

This morning I was out of bed by 6:20.  Since this is my week to work 4 - 10 hour days I really really need to get up even earlier.  I barely got ready in time, was a few minutes later to work than I wanted to be and I ate my 2 slices of turkey lunchmeat in the car with my coconut oil coffee.  I can do better than this!

I brought my lunch of 2 small leftover burgers that I cooked yesterday along with grilled onions and mushrooms with mayo.  I plan to eat and walk or walk and eat.

I am looking forward to this day and this week!  I feel able today!

11:42 PM  Well its a late post because my 2 summer online classes started today.  I have just finished working on them.  Almost 3 hours tonight.  Normally when I do class work I am constantly snacking.  Tonight I have not had the tiniest of a desire to snack.  My habits kicked in when I sat down - my set up didn't feel complete as I didn't have a bag of chips or even something healthy like carrot sticks.  I made sure I had a glass of water and moved forward.

Today has been a very productive day!  Love it!

At lunch time I went on a 20 minute walk about and ate my lunch.

For dinner I cooked up some of the little diced steak pieces, made a large container of pico and cut up a half of an avocado.  I put a nice amount of pico on my plate, topped that with my steak/onion mixture and topped that with pieces of avocado.  YUM!

For and PCOS  gals out there - today I am beginning my third cycle while on Whole30 and I had no distinguishable symptoms that it was time.  I anticipate I will have minimal pain and a much reduced,,,how can you say this without being gross...output.  My last one, which happened right around the day 30 mark was amazingly a non event!  Like no ibuprofen, no ridiculously frequent changes, no day spent in bed...I felt better than a normal cycle gal does!  

Life is good folks!  I am not going back!  I am embarrassed to post this but I want everyone to know how successful this is!  I started Whole30 cramming myself into size 20 pants and comfortably putting myself in some 22's.  About 3 weeks in I bought some size 18 shorts and 2 size 18 skorts.  They are all loose on me now.  Tonight I put on a pair of size 16 jeans - can I just tell you they are not the least bit "tight". I am not hungry.  I feel great.  I am not bored with what I am eating.  It is like win win win win all over the place!

Off to bed friends!  Sleep well!

D. J.

No comments: