Thursday, May 14, 2015

Whole 30 Day 39 - Need to shake it up!

9:01 AM

Good morning friends!  This morning it would have been so easy to skip breakfast!  I was out of bed I think by 6:20.  (I am not doing very good at making forward progress to get out of bed earlier this week) I had a couple of hiccups this morning, things that took longer than they should have, things that delayed me.  I have to admit - a cuss word came out of my mouth, just one.  But I wasn't "stressed" just frustrated.  Anyway, time was not on my side so I thought I would just run through a drive through and get some eggs for breakfast, but I didn't want to because I didn't know if they were real eggs or not, what kind of oil they used...yaddi yaddi.  I checked the time and quickly fried up one egg, cut up a whole avocado, and grabbed a bag of cut carrots.  I did eat in the car.  :-( But I am still on plan!  I did not make my lunch today - no worries, I can drive home to eat or I can safely go out to eat.  Not the perfect morning but nothing that makes the day a waste.  I count it good.

I started looking up new Whole30 recipes yesterday.  It is time to shake things up.  I have been very safe.  Most of the time I grill our meat and fix veggies.  I have had a lot of fun with the veggies.  But this is getting a little old.  I don't want to frustrate my family with food boredom, nor do I want to frustrate myself with food boredom.  I have found a carne asada recipe that will easily be compliant for me but will give my family a shake up as they can make fajita type things out of it and such.  The recipe requires marinating the meat - this always excites me! I came across a couple of meatball recipes - again, very versatile! Plus I think I will try to make a frittata this week.  I have never tried to make one!  So, here is to shaking it up!

Plus, I learned this morning - I am slacking on my prepped items, my go to items.  I didn't have any turkey lunch meat, boiled eggs...that could have been a quick grab and go breakfast.  I didn't have any of the leftover proteins packaged up to grab and go either.  This week end I will take care of that!

Okay - we will visit more tonight!

10:26 PM goodness it's later than I realized! 

Let's see. My dad and I walked down town to eat lunch today. He wanted a sandwich so we went to a little cafe. I ordered the house salad with avocado. However it did not have protien. I worried about it a bit, worried I would get hungry...but I didn't. It was all good.  For dinner I had a pork steak, a small sweet potato and ghee. Too easy!! 

Well it is late! My eyes are heavy. I must sign off.  Have a wonderful evening!!

No comments: