Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Whole 30 - Day 37 - Unexpected but needed encouragement!

9:38 AM

Okay - a few little things to say that I haven't been able to remember when I post, until after I posts!

My nails are growing so fast it is insane!  I had a gel manicure last week and took the polish off last night as the new growth was too obvious for the polish to still look good.  I may have to suck it up an master painting my nails at home...I am not going to pay for weekly manicures!  This is a good problem to have.

Hip Bones!  I tend to put my hands on my hips a lot! I had kind of a natural indention where my hands just fit, I assumed that was were the top of my hip bone must be.  The other day I put my hand on my hip and felt a mass!  I used both hands to poke at it, it was awfully hard.  I honestly thought I might have a tumor and I have lost enough weight to feel it now.  Then I had a thought to check the other side.  Dang!  There is a hard mass there too.  As I poke around a bit more I discover they are my hip bones and they come up a bit higher than I thought they did!  I even had my husband feel!

PCOS - if you are a man reading this blog you might want to skip this paragraph. This is all girl talk!  Hormones and cycles!  I had a cycle the first week I was on Whole30.  Obviously I have experienced another cycle.  I can tell a significant difference.  I totally did not expect this.  My premenstrual symptoms that I normally have were drastically reduced.  Normally my breasts are so so sore for a good week, like don't even bump me sore!  I usually cramp a couple days ahead of the start date and it is not pleasant.  I also tend to be VERY tired and literally have no energy for about 2 - 3 days.   And finally the flow itself has been like Niagra.  I noticed one time that my breasts were sore, I felt a couple of twinges of cramping, I had one good nap on Saturday - that was all I have needed and my energy levels have been quite good.  Last night I cleaned out my daughters entire dresser, put all the winter clothes away and neatly organized her summer stuff.  Plus I cleaned two other rooms in the house.  My flow is still heavier than I would like but considerably reduced.

It seems like I am forever thinking - goodness I think I am still getting smaller!  But to me that is ridiculous, how can I still be getting smaller and at a rather quick pace.  I have to divert my thinking because I don't really want to focus on that - I just want to focus on "healthy".  Since the new has worn off I have less people talking to me about what I am doing - and that is fine, but when I was talking about it, it seemed to keep me motivated and encouraged.  This morning my husband asked me if I was going to wait another 30 days to weigh.  I said yes.  He asked if I would weigh and let him see.  I said yes.  I did ask, "Am I still losing?, He said, "Do you really want to know?".  I told him I did but I didn't want to know a number.  He said I am still losing.  I said some thing to the affect that that's good because I think I am getting smaller.  He told me that he knows I am getting smaller - this week he can tell in my saddle bags!  While it made me laugh it was also encouragement I needed to hear.

My dad meets me at work every morning.  I was walking up the side walk and he looked up and looked confused.  Like really confused.  He normally jumps right out of the car when he sees me.  I was right up on the car, looking at his confused face before he got out.  He was shaking his head and laughing.  He said he had to do a triple take to make sure it was me and he was quite serious.  Another piece of encouragement I needed to hear.

Okay - for the normal stuff now.  It was chilly this morning and hubby was cuddly!  I don't regret staying in bed to cuddle.  I just have to realize my morning will be a bit more hectic.  It's an okay trade off when cuddles are involved. So I was out of bed by 6:30.  I thought I was doing pretty good even though I would be eating my breakfast in the car until I realized I hadn't packed Brandy's lunch.  So, she is having school lunch today, which she is okay with, but prefers to take her lunch most days.  My breakfast was turkey deli meat, spinach in the center with some home made mayo.  The home made mayo just made it awesome!  I decided this morning that the fat I choose for meals really helps the flavor variety and excitement.  Tonight I think I will make one of the dressings.

Until later......

9:30 AM Just a quick ending to the day.  Lunch was leftover chicken, grilled veggies, and I decided to try adding some of my home made mayo and it was not bad.  For dinner we grilled pork steaks and asparagus.  I had some leftover smashed cauliflower too with ghee too. 

I went on an hour long walk with a friend. I am pretty sure we did about 3 miles.  The activity was good and so was the company!
I found out today another one of my friends has started Whole30.  I am so excited for her! 

I have an early morning tomorrow so I better be getting to sleep!

Later gators!




No comments: