Monday, May 11, 2015

Whole 30 - Day 36 - Be intentional

8:32 AM

It's a rather quiet morning here at my office and I am not quite set up to begin tackling the day so I thought I would blog just a bit before I dive into my day.

Today I woke up at 5:40 but I didn't get out of bed until 6:25.  This morning it was chilly and still a little rainy.  Oh how I love a chilly rainy day!  It's been that way all weekend!  I was a little frustrated with myself for enjoying it a little too long and making the morning a bit more hurried.  Fortunately though I was not the least bit stressed!  I still made Brandy and I an egg for breakfast.  I didn't get to sit down with her though.  But, I didn't eat it in the car either, which is good.  I also had a tomato with mine and coconut oil coffee.

This morning made me think about being intentional.  There are some areas that have really become a constant thought since I started this Whole30.  The first, I want to be more intentional in the mornings.  My morning routine has already changed quite a bit, but in the process of that change I have stopped doing some things to add others.  I need to change it so I am still accomplishing all I did before plus these new additions.  This ultimate change adds value and quality to my day, my daughters day and even my husbands day. As I have mentioned before, I even created an AM List.  I just looked at it and it needs to be tweaked a bit since I started Whole30, so today I will tweak it. I will need to take a look at my PM and Weekends list as well.

The second thing I want to be more intentional about is making personal contact with people. Specifically, writing a note or two to people God places on my heart each week. Doing Whole30 I am very thankful for two people.  This week they will get a note from me.  I think maybe it's putting action to my appreciation.  Again, this adds value and quality to my life and hopefully to someone elses life.

The third thing I want to be more intentional about is working out.  It's not that I don't like to do it.  I actually quite love it!  What I don't like is making the time or scheduling it.  If I had my choice every day would be the exact same.  I would do the same thing from start to finish and of course weekend days would be different than week days but they would still have their own weekend order of things. However, I also like variety.  I don't want to do the same workout every day.  I like to wog, I like zumba, I like the weight machines (not those weight benches and stuff in that weight room, they are just scary!), I like yogo ish type stuff.  I think the variety is good to prevent boredom but that requires me to schedule differently depending on the day. I must choose, monotony for the sake of having the same time every day, or variety and scheduling it each week.  Either way, it adds value and quality to my life, I must make it intentional!  I broke my Mile a Day in May streak.  But that doesn't mean I can get back on it and do it for the next 20 days!  I am back on today.

That's what I am thinking about this morning.  Talk to you later!

10:19 PM just a quick finish to my day. Lunch - a quick 1.25 mile walk! Then leftover pork and saukraut. Tonight I grilled boneless skinless chicken breast, grilled zucchini, summer squash and cauliflower. I also made smashed cauliflower. I am getting pretty good at this grilling! Brandy set our table tonight. We enjoyed our dinner and had point blank conversation. There is simply no dancing around the pure truth with her. She is just to smart. It was good! 

I had hoped to go to 8:00 Zumba but hubs had to work late. So I still put on my workout clothes and tennis shoes and got busy around the house. I got in quite a bit of activity and you can certainly see the proof of my work. I love that gratification!! 

I love how Whole30 is changing my life!

Thanks for reading!

No comments: