Saturday, May 30, 2015

Day 55 Whole 30 - I think I can I think I can

10:36 PM My day has just been really kinda hard in more ways than one.  I guess the best place to start is at the beginning.  I totally planned on getting up, going to breakfast with my dad, and then all of us going to yard sales...after we were through with the morning activities, which would surely be by noon I would start on house cleaning and get the menu made and grocery shopping done.  Well we went to Jimmy's egg for breakfast and I ate my normal veggie omelet with avocado and fruit.  Don't forget the coffee!  All is well.  Let the yard sales begin!  What? Now it is already lunch time.  Split steak, chicken and shrimp fajitas with my dad.  I only had the meat, veggies, pico and guacamole.  That goes much longer than planned and then a trip to Lowes.  Hello 2:00 and exhaustion!  Yes, let's nap.  I get to sleep and am awakened by a very annoying cat and that does it - I am awake.  Fine I will make my grocery list.  I don't even find my pad of paper and in bounds my 20 year old daughter.  She has been away for work and I am truly happy to see her!  We begin to visit and in pops my dad! I can't even remember why he came over! Good Lord!  Now we make dinner plans - I have not completed one single thing I have planned to.  To make it worse my family orders pizza.  That is the one thing lately I have said I can't wait to eat some of when I am off Whole 30.  Today almost ended my 60 days.  Instead of succumbing to the pressure I stopped at our local Reasor's and fixed a salad from their salad bar.  Veggies, Fruit, grilled chicken.  I brought my own olive oil.  That's what I ate while everyone else had pizza.  The pizza didn't look that good, which helped.  When we get home my husband is eager to work on and complete a little back porch/flower project.  For the next 3 - 4 hours I work with him.  My frustration has reached it's max.  '

I had a pity party.  It went a little something like this.  "When does anybody expect me to take care of my house and to go grocery shopping.  My summer classes start Monday and I need this house to be cleaned (I forgot to mention I found out today that my new housekeeper broke her ankle and will not be able to start for at least 6 week....did I mention I was looking forward to her helping getting our house ready to put on the market)  I need to be ready for meals next week as I complete my 60 days.  Why doesn't anybody think - Hey I wonder what I can do to help D. J. out today.  Did I even hear a thank you today or a that was fun..No I don't think I did.  Why can't I just live life without sleeping.  I would be able to get more done.  Doesn't anybody think I have a life? Why can't I do more.  Why am I acting this way? Am I hormonal?  It is getting to that time."

I hate pity parties.  They are like weakness.  I don't like weakness.  Grrr.

Other things have happened today that have made this day very trying.  Right now I am having to wait on my bedding to dry before I can make my bed and actually go to bed because of one of the "other things".  I am tired. I want to go to bed.

The one good thing - I did read more on the re introduction.  I think I am not going to do the fast track but rather the extended track.  Staying on Whole30 most of the time.  I am loving the results.  I am not going back to my old way of eating.  The biggest battle will be with the convenience.  Just like today - it would have been easy to basically give in and eat pizza.  So the battle isn't over but I have made great strides to winning!

That's all for today!

Tomorrow must be better!


No comments: