Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Day 50 and Day 51 - glad to be back at work!

9:17 AM  Yes, I am so happy to be back at work and back into a routine.  I always say I love days off, but I also love getting back to the norm of life!

Yesterday was not productive at all like I had hoped it would be.  But yet, it was a really good day.  We went to eat breakfast with my dad at 7:30.  I had a veggie omelet (no cheese) and a double side of fruit - which was honey dew and cantaloupe.  I used a heavy amount of Tabasco on my omelet.  I also had black coffee.  Just a quick pat on the back for myself - I am easily staying to my 4 cups of coffee or less.  After we ate breakfast we went to drive by a couple of houses for sale that we were considering making an appointment to go see.  We were out in the country and back into town.  We found one we really liked in town, the owner was outside so my husband stopped to just tell her we weren't anything to be worried about - just looking at her house.  While he was talking with her I looked up and at them and realized I knew the woman he was talking to.  Long story short, she asked us to go ahead and look at the house.  She and I visited and caught up and we were there almost 2 hours!  It was wonderful and we really like the property.

After this it was approaching lunch time and we wanted to bring the old people for a drive by look at the house.  So we ate lunch with them and took them by the house.  Lunch was Sonic!  I was trying to keep it simple so we got 4 cheeseburgers - all the same.  I new I would take the bun off of mine and be ok....wait, no, there was cheese on the cheeseburgers!  I ate cheese.  I decided not to sweat it!  I have been doing this for 50 days and I am not going to let one slice of cheese end my efforts.  I know, I know, the book says start all over.  I am not going to.  I am transitioning really quick from being afraid of starting reintroduction to being excited to tackle it and move into the new normal for me.  

So then we head home.  I start on my list!! Totally excited I am getting to work on my list.  The first rooms to tackle were the bathrooms.  As I started I didn't really intend to be in the total clean out frame of mind...but with the thought of a potential move on the horizon I was trashing and making piles for yard sale!  So this was taking longer than I expected.  We had invited the folks over for a wonderful dinner of sloppy joes and chips so I had to get that started before I finished even one of the bathrooms!  I made two batches of sloppy joes - one for the family and one for me.  The one I made for me had browned hamburger, onion, pickles, about a half a small can of tomato paste, several shakes of coconut aminos, garlic powder, salt and pepper.  I am here to tell you - this tasted like legit sloppy joes!  I put my meat mixture on top of some thick slices onions, added a side of tomatoes and avocado and BAM! I had dinner!  After dinner I planned to resume my cleaning and just as I was about to do exactly that lightning hit VERY close by and then we had no power....No power for five long hours!  So when it first happened we had a few things we needed at Lowes so we ran there - everywhere was without power, and we are pretty sure Lowe's was operating on a generator.  We drove by the house we liked so much and while doing so the power in that neighborhood came on so we headed home - thinking we would have power.  We did not.  So, we did our best to get little one ready for bed and we hung some flower hangers out on the back porch.  We tried to kill our powerless time.  Finally my husband pulled out a couple of Coleman lanterns and lit them so I could at least get the kitchen clean.  It was about 10:30 when we went to bed.  It was so quiet and dark with no power.  Finally, just after 11:00 our power was restored!  So, we went to sleep!

I do want to say during the outage I wanted to dive into some chips so bad it was not even funny.  I can easily say that was the absolute worst bout of craving I have had this entire time.  I don't know if it was triggered by the cheese I had earlier in the day or if it was all the emotions that came with finding a home we will be placing an offer on.  I texted my 2 Whole30 friends and told my husband I was having the cravings.  I got encouragement all the way around and made it through!  I was bordering on feeling like the food was in control - I seriously never want to feel that way again.  I love having the power over my food choices.

TODAY!  I was out of bed by 6:30.  I didn't have to get Miss Brandy ready and deliver her anywhere before work as we have a gal coming to our house today to take care of her.  I was able to fry  2 eggs in coconut oil,  and had a side of sliced tomatoes for breakfast.  After breakfast I fixed my coconut oil coffee.  This morning I was able to switch out laundry, fold and put it away, and start the dishwasher which was done just a few minutes before I had to leave so I emptied it real quick.  I am thrilled I got all that done before coming to work!

I will bebop either home for lunch or maybe to subway.  Not sure.

10:40 PM so I went to braums for lunch and got their amazing salad with strawberries, pineapple, blueberries and other goodness along with grilled chicken on top. It was so so good!  

Dinner was after 8:00 as we did one more walk through on the house...looks like we make an offer tomorrow. I bought we would have chicken fajitas but didn't honk to look and make sure the frozen chicken was compliant. So hubs and Brandy got chicken fajitas. I had 2 hamburger patties, sautéed onions and an avocado.

I am tired of eating. I told my husband when I finished this whole30 - 60 days that I wanted pizza. The closer I get the more I think - why? Again, curious to see what happens through reintroduction and after! 

I am tired my lovelies! Good night, sleep tight!

No comments: