Sunday, May 24, 2015

Day 49 - Whole30 - So close to 60

10:46 PM Thankfully we have no storms this evening.  It's been an odd day.  I love to have a plan, like an hourly plan for the day.  My husband is naturally spontaneous so me having a plan doesn't usually go well with his spontaneity.  So when we are home together my planning has to be minimal otherwise I get very frustrated and grumpy because my plan is being destroyed.  Today was day 3 with hubby.  Tomorrow is day 4 - I can't do day 4 without a plan.  My lack of plan and productivity was kicking in today. 


Whole30 wise today was a success.  I did not eat breakfast this morning.  I did not have any protein prepared ahead of time so I left with my coffee and coconut oil.  This isn't my goal.  I did not sleep well last night and pushed my sleeping a little later than I should have.  I don't like doing this, however today it didn't turn out disastrous.  I didn't stress about it, I didn't worry that I would die before lunch, and I really wasn't starving by lunch time.  Again, I don't plan to allow this to become a habit.  For lunch I ran to the store to get the fixings for chili.  I made a regular pot for my hubby, daughter and parents.  I created my own using hamburger, organic diced tomatoes, organic tomato sauce, shredded summer squash and onion.  I added garlic powder, cumin, and red pepper flakes.  Somehow I was out of chili powder.  Anyway - it turned out very yummy.  More like a spicy tomato soup with meat.  I had olives as my fat.  Since today was quite chilly and rainy this really hit the spot.  For dinner I sautéed some cabbage and had more of my chili.  This afternoon I have been very thirsty - I have no idea how much water I have drank but it has been more than normal. 

For the most part we have meals planned for tomorrow.  Tomorrow - you know MY PLAN will kick in.  I am going to boil some eggs, cut up veggies, and make the menu for the rest of the week. I have done minimal grocery shopping the last couple of weeks because I have a lot of food in my freezers and pantry.  I am trying to kinda work through all of it. 

As I said yesterday I am really thinking about reintroduction and plan to follow it to a T.  It seems that the past 60 days would be a bit of a waste if I didn't follow the reintroduction plan. 

I am going to finish cleaning up my kitchen and head to bed.  I have a breakfast date with my awesome dad!

Until tomorrow friends!

No comments: