Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Day 45 - Whole30 - Hoping for a better day!

9:19 AM  Good Morning!  I can't believe it is only Wednesday.  It has been a rather long week already.  This morning started off the best out of the other two days. I was waking up well before my alarm but I did not look at my clock, I just tried to go back to sleep.  I was out of bed by 6:20.  Thankfully we had hot water :-) Thankfully Brandy's sore throat didn't lead to needing to stay home.  :-) I was able to eat breakfast at the table today.  Pork, a half an avocado, and a sliced tomato.  I had black coffee after breakfast.  I made my lunch, made my bed, and got Brandy and I ready for the day.  This is Brandy's first day of summer, so our routine was a bit off but I ended up at work early so we are good!

I am aware this week that my new habits are indeed becoming more embedded.  But yet, I still need to focus on them so that I don't slip slowly back.  I have not been listening to my body when it is ready for bed.  Getting to bed when the body calls has a profound affect.  I can't deny that, so I need to really commit to being aware and responsive to the signals.  As far as my optimal morning routine - I am not there yet.  I have other lifestyle improvements that I am eager to make but I need to get these solidly in place first.

Here is to having a great day!  I hope you do too!

9:05 PM. I am typing this from my bed! I am going to sleep early tonight!! This afternoon my dad called to go to lunch. We went to a place I don't love but I was surprised by the salad I ordered with a whole chicken breast. I didn't have dressing...I think I need to figure out how to have dressing with me most of the time.  

Dinner was in a rush! I hadn't thawed anything so I ran to the store and grabbed steaks and zucchini. Came home and grilled  the steaks and zucchini, baked a sweet potato in te microwave and then woofed it down way to fast. I taught kids tonight at church ad we had fresh strawberries, grapes, and cuties for snack. 

Pretty sure I recognized hunger this evening before dinner. That's kinda exciting. 

They day was an improvement over the past two days! 

Tomorrow will be awesome! Until ten friends.

No comments: