Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Day 44 - Whole30 - Feeling real good!

11:29 AM I am frustrated and stressed - but it is okay.  I can realistically look at everything and say, "it is what it is" and I can work with that.  This morning I was out of bed at about 6:30.  I had weird dreams last night that caused me to toss and turn and this morning I can't remember a single detail other than they were weird.  So, I am a little tired.  I got up and started doing my morning things.  I switched out laundry, got Brandy started and got ready to take a shower....No hot water!  Hubby has to light the pilot light on our hot water tank.  So I make lunches and fold/put away the clean laundry, lay out my entire out fit and such while waiting on the water to heat so I can take my shower.  Shower was very rushed.  Make up and hair - minimal and rushed.  I was a bit snippy with Brandy as she was totally unaware of the shift in status quo.  Ate breakfast in the car - pork, coconut coffee. Good news - I think I felt "hunger"!!

We are preparing for some radical changes in our office that I am not necessarily in agreement with so my stress/frustration level has increased substantially. We had an hour and half meeting this morning.  It seems with each meeting the future of what we do is getting worse and worse.  I am saddened because I just absolutely love my job.  It has been an exceptional experience.  I hate to see our dynamics change so drastically and overall not necessarily in a way that will benefit the institution.

So even with all this can I say I feel really good.  Tired, but yet energetic!  Frustrated, but still hopeful.  Some things are out of my control, but I am in control of my responses.  It's all good!

11:17 PM Folks I am tired! But I am going to squeak this one out for you. Today I could have justified breaking my Whole30! But why? Would breaking it have made my day any better or moved me any closer to being more healthy? Nope!

Shortly after I wrote this morning I was contacted by Brandys school. Long story short - 3 hours at the hospital and a big Thank You God that her leg is not broken!  It was after 3:00 when we were done and I had not eaten lunch yet! We went to mazzios. I had salad bar, lots if veggies, boiled eggs with vinegar and oil to dress it. I hand a handful of cherries about an hour later. Went to the movies with all 3 of my girls tonight - FUN! Except when brandy leaned over to me to tell me it was hurting to swallow. I took macadamian nuts to the movies as my popcorn.  Got home and had an apple with almond butter. Before we went to the movies Made a quick batch of "thank you" "love you" cookies or my hubby as he did a lot of work to my vehicle today. I didn't have one lick or bite. They aren't usually too hard to resist normally. But given the intense day I had - I am proud that I didn't taste the dough or eat a cookie.

Ok - the back of my eyelids are begging for some attention! Lots of love and sweet dreams!!

No comments: