Friday, May 8, 2015

Day 33 Whole30 - is it Euphoria?

9:23 PM I don't know what it feels like to be euphoric but I might be there. I am so shocked that I don't stress about food now. 

I got up LATE this morning due to minimal sleep last night.  Somehow I still had time to sit down at the table and eat breakfast! A leftover burger, pico, and avocado. Minimal coffee this morning. I sent my dad a text and asked if he would bring me a black coffee - he brought me a latte from my favorite coffee shop. So, I decided to drink it. I can't believe what I am about to say...it was not awesome. I didn't hear angelic music when I took that first sip, I didn't even close my eyes to savor it, it wasn't with the savor. I nursed it for a bit but easily threw it away 3/4 of it. People who know me, they know I don't toss good coffee. I didn't expect this.  But I am totally ok with it. 

Lunch time my dad calls and wants to go to lunch. We ended up at a Mexican restaurant - for those of you who don't live in Tahlequah please know we have an abundance of Mexican restaurants - I know it seems like I am always eating Mexican. I had my trusty pollo loco. I wonder how many Mexican meals I have made it through in the past 30 days that I haven't had a single chip?? No will power requires!

Dinner. I have been greatly opposed to cooking 2 dinners for most of my wife life. You know, one for me and one for them. Mainly because it was to darn tempting. Tonight my hubby and little girl got chicken cordon blue, rice, and carrots. I ate a chicken thigh and leg, coleslaw and carrots. No temptation, no resentment and no feeling deprived. 

I made another batch of home made mayo tonight! I plan to make a creamy avocado dressing with it tomorrow and maybe the ranch!!

My grocery shopping will be minimal if not non existent this week since I kinda stocked up last week. Tomorrow I will take an inventory of our food and make our menu based on that.

I am going to read some more whole30 now!

Stay safe tonight!

No comments: