Saturday, May 9, 2015

Day 34 - Whole30 - or should I say Whole60?

8:34 PM It's been one of those "plans change" "shoot from the hip" kinda days. I don't usually do well on days like this. But today I did really well - I had one little tantrum. 

So I was up at 5:00 planning to get ready for a 7:30 run about 30 miles from here.  I checked radar because we have been rather stormy and it was forecasted to continue. Radar didn't look good. Checked again at 5:30 and it didn't look any better. I chose to not go. At 6:50 it was perfect weather. I was bummed! So my hubby, daughter and I went to eat breakfast and to the flea market. I ate at Jimmy Egg - first time since on whole30 - I asked what was in the egg "batter" for the omelets and was happy to find out - only eggs!!! So I ordered it with a lot of veggies and avocado. It sounded good to my dad so we split it! I also had caneloupe and honeydew... don't forget the black coffee.

After the flea market I ran to the farmers market - no great finds EXCEPT beautiful huge strawberries. Came home and cleaned up a large amount of fresh green onions from my neighbors and then was able to go to my nephews soccer game. My husband founds some books for our daughter on our online garage sale sight so I went to get them. 

I forgot to mention that while I was cleaning the onions my hubby was welding something for my dad and somehow he threw his back out. He's been a bit needy since. He is also pretty pitiful so I don't mind his neediness too much. 

Ran to two stores to get lunch (hubby neediness prompted), roast beef, Colby jack cheese, fresh white bread and doritoes. I also had to go get him his allergy medicine. I fixed his sandwich, a tuna sandwich for Brandy, I had some left over browned hamburger so I warmed it up added fresh tomato and some of the green onions along with a spoonful of my home made mayo. Preparing this is when I threw my tantrum. I don't recognize being hungry now until I am shakey, that turns to real shakey when I am trying to get my meal ready. I ended up dropping the container and half of my protein was all over the floor! I said not nice things and then went and collected myself in the laundry room...that is where all moms collect themselves you know. Then I came back out and cleaned the kitchen before I fixed my lunch. It was a small amount of food for lunch - but this is part of the beauty of Whole30 - it was enough!!! I was fine!!  I finished it with 3 of those beautiful strawberries! Then I got to go to my nieces soccer game - unfortunately shortly after the half it was called due to the weather. Came home and took an AWESOME nap! The whole family did!! 

Dinner - chicken tenders and home made fries for the hubby and daughter.  I cooked up diced steak with more of those yummy fresh green onions. Put it on a bed of spinach and tomatoes then squeezed fresh lime over it. Followed by a few strawberries!!

I don't necessarily like to make different meals but today I cleaned up a few leftovers. 

So while it's been a little chaotic it's still been a good day. My husband laid up in his recliner would not agree - lol!

That was my day!!

No comments: