Sunday, May 3, 2015

Day 28 - Whole30 - I am so close!

10:35PM great day today! Normally we try to nap on Sunday. I laid down and got to read about 30 minutes but our phones were just going nuts and then somebody wanted to come over...so no nap and ....I survived!!! With no problem! Amazing!

So let me tell you about the rest of my day.  Up at 6:30 ish. I do try to sleep in just a bit on Sunday because it's the only day I have a decent shot at it...but it's stupid because I need to be to church by 7:45. An hour is not enough time to get ready and eat breakfast. I grabbed 2 slices of turkey, some pico and headed out the door. I thought I was on computers today, but a change put me on stage, so instead of eating during worship practice I needed to wait until practice was over. But once it was over we were having computer problems so I helped with that. At about 9:45 i could have eaten my breakfast but I didn't think it a good idea since I would be singing in 15 minutes. Bottom line - I did not eat breakfast today! Do not try this!! 

We went to lunch after church and I had a little steak and a double order of green beans. Yum!

Home, tried the nap, phones kept us from the nap. So I get up, clean a little, make the menu for this week, and go to the store. My grocery bill was $150...but keep in mind I fed 10 people tonight and I stocked up on meat because I want to make sure we have enough this week. That will make more sense when you read about my husband later in the post. Had 6 family members over for dinner. Whew! I had a lettuce wrapped burger with onion, pickle, tomato and my homemade mayo along with grilled zucchini and grilled onions. Yum! 

A couple of days ago my husband ask me to let home see how much I have lost. I refused. The next day my sister in law basically asked the same thing, so of course I weighed for her but I did not look and made her swear she would not tell me. Then I felt bad so I weighed for my hubby. Today he tells me he would like to try this whole30! What???? He has never ever done any kind of healthy anything with me before!! I am shocked! I am so excited! He is starting tomorrow! My 30th day is Tuesday but I have decided I am going 30 more days! I am ready and my husband is too! I wonder...who else will give this whole 30 a try??? I will post my weight and hopefully measurements and before and after pics on Wednesday!  So so close!

No comments: