Friday, May 1, 2015

Day 26 - Whole30 - Its's cake making time!

9:25 PM  Well it's been a day! My day started a bit before 4 AM and it was certainly not due to my body wanting to wake up due to Whole30 awesomeness.  My 7 year old woke me, coughing and as pitiful as can be.  For the next 2 hours we fought to get the cough under control.  I am not kidding, she could not go 30 second without coughing.  Cough medicine is always a last resort in our house, we resorted to cough syrup.  She finally slept.  I thought for sure she would be out for at least 3 hours.  About an hour later I was up fixing breakfast.  Cereal for Brandy and scrambled eggs with onions and bell peppers cooked in them along with my coffee.  I had a few errands to run so I thought we should get them done quickly this morning because surely she would need to take an incredible nap and I was planning to join her.  So errands are done and we get home in time to have some lunch.  We have some leftover pizza from the best pizza place in the world, it sure sounds good, so Brandy gets a couple of pieces.  I warm up a leftover salmon patty and had it with some col4:00eslaw.   As soon as she laid down the coughing came back with a vengeance.  No nap with either of us get any sleep and let me just say I am tired!  The folks are coming over for dinner, so I started that at about 4:00. The hubby had a special dinner request this morning.  Of course I agreed, he has been so good and supportive.  This is the first time I have fixed 2 separate main courses.  I made it through, I had grilled chicken thighs and grilled asparagus.  To top it all off I have a wedding cake to prepare for a wedding tomorrow and a cake for my grandsons second birthday.  Not only am I tired but I have never made a cake that I didn't taste the batter and/or the baked cake along with the frosting.  I have baked 6 cakes and have not had one taste at all! I just have the frosting to get through now.  So, seriously, its been a day.

I did get in a mile tonight - I committed to a mile a day in May! 

All in all its been a rough day and at the same time it has been a good day.  A unplanned day with my little girl and even though she wasn't feeling the best, I did get blessed by hearing her say, "You are the best mom ever".  I may be tired but I won't get too many more days to take care of her like this.  I already know how fast they grow since I have a 20 year old and a 24 year old. I love my life.  I love that even on a rough day I have had enough energy in the tank to get through.  I thank Whole30 for that. 

This evening I pulled out the vaporizer, gave Brandy cough medicine about 30 minutes before she laid down, and it smells like Vicks.  She has been laying down for about an hour and she has not started coughing yet. Praying for a peaceful night.

It's a short post - but that's ok!

Until tomorrow!

Love ya ~ D. J.

No comments: