Thursday, April 30, 2015

Day 25 - Whole30 - Really? Day 25? Time Flies when you are enjoying the ride

1:14 PM Man, I was busy as soon as I walked in my office door this morning.  So you get a lunch hour post today.

I was out of bed at 6:14 I think.  I was awake earlier, but not much earlier.  The hubby slept better last night, but came to bed rather late.  He was tinkering...he loves to tinker and that makes me happy.  Anyway!  Breakfast was a small leftover turkey avocado burger, smashed cauliflower, and mayo with coconut oil coffee.  And then....I forgot my lunch at home!  I was so proud of myself because I had time to empty the dishwasher, we left home with a clean kitchen, not a single dish in the sink, and the bed was made AND I even had time to curl my hair! I was patting my self on the back all the way to work until I got out of the car and got my 3 bags...my book bag, my purse and my lunch....whoa wait a minute....no lunch bag!  Fortunately my dad meets me at work almost every morning for about a 10 minute visit.  He has a key to my house and he more than willingly went to my house, got my lunch, and brought it back to me.  Do I have the best dad or what?

So - lunch is the same!  Turkey avocado burger, smashed cauliflower and leftover grilled squash.  I know you might be thinking "Doesn't the same thing 3 meals in a row get boring?"  Actually, it does not.  The things I am cooking and eating now are so different that I enjoy getting to really experience the new recipe or the different way of eating.  Bringing my lunch of leftovers beats anything I can get at a restaurant!  I mean seriously, there is only so much eating out in Tahlequah, OK a person can take!  Also I brought a small and larger burger - because you know I am still having a hard time believing I am going to be fine with smaller amounts of food.  I ate the small one and there is no way I can eat the other one too!

This morning I have no idea what my husband and I were talking about that led up to this but he said, "You are not as grumpy anymore"  which he followed with, "I am not saying your are NOT grumpy any more, just not as grumpy."  I choose to just ponder on the, "you are not as grumpy anymore"  I count that as a huge PLUS!

Okay -back to work for now.  Talk to you tonight!

10:47 PM Wow! What a night! At our employee appreciation I ate shrimp with lemon squeezed over it, fresh vegetables and a few blackberries. Afterwards my family and my daughters family went to the carnival! We had a blast! I rode everything! One daughter commented on how great it was that I didn't stand back, afraid to ride because of my size and then she yelled while we were on a ride "let's hear it for the skinny mom". Then to top it off she posted the sweetest "I am proud of you mom" post on Facebook. I just live this new freedom I have! We got home after 10 and I am just not hungry! I am about to go to bed and haven't eaten a thing since about 4:50pm!! 

I am feeling abundantly blessed tonight. I believe this is only the beginning!!

Lots of love!

No comments: