Monday, April 13, 2015

Whole30 Day 8 - Hello week 2!

9:38 AM.  I am so excited to be starting week 2!  I am proud of myself.  This morning I got out of bed at 6:16 and started the coffee and started breakfast.  I had two fried eggs, fried in ghee (by the way I think ghee is amazing and a must)  and a small sliced tomato.  I am confused by the fact I am not hungry and I don't really want to eat.  I know I read something about this in the book.  I need to go back and read it again.  I fried Miss Brandy her egg.  We sat down at the table to eat together.  She wasn't looking "right", then she coughed and her little eyes welled up with tears.  I asked if her throat hurt, it did.  I asked if she felt ok, she didn't.  I took her temp and sure enough I have a puny little girl today.  So, today we are home.  It is also going to be a rainy day.  And my hubby won't be home until late.  This is a day that would normally lead to much snacking.  I am not going to lie, I am a little nervous.  This plan encourages no snacking between meals.  So I have made a list of things to do that should keep me pretty busy all day long.  Plus I am going to take some time to just read!  I will be reading more of It Starts With Food.  I also have homework I plan to work into the mix.  I really should be ok. 

1:25 PM Oh my - habits!  All morning I wanted to nibble!  I was not the least bit hungry.  Those habits have a strong hold on us.  I am aggravated by the pull.  Mad that something as simple as a little habit can have so much power.  I am winning the battle!  For lunch I had 1 piece of pork, a few leftover Brussels sprouts, I made a "coleslaw" out of cabbage, carrots, olive oil, and white vinegar, and I made mashed cauliflower which was really yummy!  I fixed a lot because I thought I was really hungry - I mean I did fight off the nibbles all morning - I got full fast!  I ended up not eating like half of it.  Crazy!  Little Miss is a little worse.  She has been quiet all day...this is not normal.  This is an odd day.

9:39 PM Day 8 is done! Whew!  Miss Brandy has made a come back.  Bless her heart she turned off the TV this afternoon on her own and said she was going to sleep and she did...for over 3 hours! She was a new little girl when she woke up.  I think if we can keep her coughing down tonight she will be good to go for tomorrow.  I took a little snooze while she did, not 3 hours though!  But I was surprised I snoozed.  I do feel kinda blah today.  So, tonight for dinner, I did not want to eat.  Nothing sounded good.  I ended up warming up another pork chop and had the rest of the mock cole slaw I made at lunch.  This afternoon I continued to battle the desire to nibble.  But I won! 

I have my lunch prepared for tomorrow.  Brandy has placed her breakfast order for tomorrow.  Bacon or ham and toast.  I worry that may be a bit challenging. I also read today that this week is actually the hardest week.  I wish I would not have read that.  But I am going to keep on a trucking through this.  I like the concept.  Aside from having to resist my nibbling habits this is actually pretty easy. And I feel pretty good.  It feels good to be in control of my food rather than my food being in control of me.

That's all for today!

D. J.

No comments: