Sunday, April 12, 2015

Day7 - Can you believe it!?

1:36 PM Its time for a quick nap so I will make this short.  Today I made my breakfast first thing when I woke up - like yesterday. I like it!  It will help me not eat in the car or my bathroom! LOL!  I sautéed onion and mixed greens and added 2 beaten eggs.  I did two eggs in an effort t increase my protein.  We had worship practice after church today.  We eat lunch together then practice.  I packed my lunch and warmed it up at church.  Is it weird? Is it awkward to take your own food and be different - you bet....get over it!  It's no big deal.  I had two pieces of pork and Brussels sprouts.  It was kinda fun actually - two people actually sampled my Brussels sprouts!

Ok - nap time! More later.

9:54 PM I felt like I had a speed nap today! I had  hard time getting into a decent sleep and before I knew it, it was time to wake up.  I ran to the grocery get the weeks groceries and groceries for a family dinner tonight - 13 of us total.  So the part of the groceries that were truly for this week was about $70.  I am very pleased with the cost of this plan.  Not to mention I am not going out to eat nearly as much now at lunch or at dinner!  More money saved. 

So, family dinner tonight, Rotisserie Chickens and grilled summer squash, grilled sweet onions - that's what I ate.  We also cooked carrots on the grill and had more carrots inside on the stove along with green beans.  Did you notice anything interesting?  It wasn't exactly planned - but we did not have a single starch!  No body said a word about it either.  It worked!  Now I will say, my dad and one of my daughters ran back to the store and got cake, ice cream, pie and my favorite store bought bakery cookies.  I told everyone if they were going to bring  that into my house that they would also be taking the leftovers out of my house when the evening ended.  They did!  And I was not tempted at all.  Would I have liked a cookie, sure, but I didn't really want it and I certainly didn't need it.  I am amazed how easy it was to not even give it a thought.  When we were grilling our vegies I grilled some pork for my lunches this week.  It was eaten.  Not to fear though  - I got more out of the frig and grilled it when all but 2 family members had gone home. 

I had quite a to do list today and it simply did not get completed.  But our family time was GREAT and I got my grocery shopping done for the week which was probably the most important thing on my list.

Here is a little snippet for girls only -
It is "my regular time" and I want you to know I did not crave chocolate at all the past few days and I am not craving it now.  My back is hurting and I am tired.  But other than those things I didn't have the normal issues leading up to my cycle.  Yes, I believe it's because I am eating Whole 30.

Back to everyone now.  So I have successfully made it a week.  I have maneuvered tricky situations and meal plan changes this week.  How? Preparation and planning for the just in case.  I am more confident now than I was a week ago that I will succeed.  No, I have not weighed.  The book says do not get on the scale for 30 days. I say, "Gladly!" Do I think I am losing weight?  I do.  I either feel better and thus feel better about myself so I feel thinner or I am actually thinner.  Either way, in my opinion, its a win win!

I am ready for another week!

D. J.

No comments: