Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Day 9 Whole30 - Just keep swimming Just keep swimming

11:44 AM Oh goodness!  I have thought maybe once this morning, "Oh I need to start my blog for the day" but then got busy and I just thought of it again.  Today I am busy busy.  Since I missed work yesterday I am getting caught up today, which hasn't been bad, just fast and furious.  I got up this morning by 6:20 - I am really trying to get up earlier - and made a fried egg in ghee/olive oil for myself and made Brandy her ham and toast.  I absolutely did not want to eat so I literally only had one egg.  By the way - Brandy did go to school today and I think she will be ok :-).  I also had my coffee and coconut oil.  At this point in time I am thinking I should have eaten more as I am getting a little shakey.  I won't eat my lunch right now because I would have to eat it super fast before class.  Also - food still does not sound appealing.  Like I am getting hungry but don't particularly "want" anything.

8:34 PM Whew it has been a non stop day!  And it's not over!  So a quick post then on to taxes and homework!  Lunch today - I put a leftover pork chop into a container and threw some sauerkraut on top of it.  When I warmed it up at lunch it was beyond yummy!  Like crazy yummy!  Hunger has remained minimal and my desire to snack during the work day is zilch!  I do notice I am more focused from the start of the day through until 5:00.  Last week I was experiencing a bit of a crash at about 5:30.  Not the past few days.  Today I am still going.  I can tell I am getting tired but will be good for another couple of hours. 

Okay for dinner - I splurged!  I made myself 12 scallops!  Rarely do I eat seafood, good seafood and not feet guilty because I love butter or tartar sauce on the seafood.  So I made the scallops with ghee.  I planned on eating all 12 - I could only eat 6.  I also made more mashed cauliflower and added broccoli to kinda up the flavor.  It worked.  I am surprised by how little I ate and feel totally satisfied.  I am keeping the food pretty basic through this week.  Next week I plan to try a couple of recipes  to shake it up a bit. 

I asked my husband how HE was doing with our eating plan for the past 9 days.  He said it's good!  I try to make a starch of some sort for him to accompany what we are all eating.  I think he is enjoying that we are eating home cooked food more often than not now. 

I am still excited, I am encouraged, and more and more hopeful!

Thanks for reading!

D. J.

No comments: