Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Whole30 - Day 24 - One day closer!

9:32AM Good Morning!  Up at 6:16 this morning.  Hubby was a bit restless last night and I was awake several times through the evening.  I am hoping he is ok today.  He surely did not get a lot of sleep.  Okay, so I got up and again, it slipped my mind that today was....do you remember....it's Wednesday and what do we do on Wednesday??  That's right, it's "Walk to school day!!!  So I am thankful because I actually did a little bit of preparation last night!  So it didn't take me as long to get my lunch packed and Brandy chose an easy peasy option for lunch.  I ate breakfast while blow drying my hair - gross to some I am sure, at times a necessity for me.  I had steak strips, tomatoes and avocados.  Day 3 for steak in the morning.  It is quite yummy, maybe my favorite!

Last night I got home later than I usually do.  I had planned on cooking my dinner, already knew what I was going to have, but planned on being home at least 30 minutes earlier.  25 days ago I would have been 9 kinds of stressed and worried.  I mean, I ate my lunch at 1:30 and now here is was going to be past 8 when I eat dinner.  That is over 6 hours without food! 25 days ago, I would have been near tears.  Why?  I really don't know.  It was "that kind" of dependence on food.  I am sure deep down I was thinking I was going to die!  Or maybe I felt like a failure because I had let myself go that long without food.  I know it sounds silly but the panic and emotional upset was very real.  Again, I want to tell you, I AM FREE!

I am still pondering over the great message I heard Monday night.  The theme: BE BRAVE!  On Day 1 I was brave, on Day 2 I was Brave, and even on day 3.  I was battling something that was controlling me and once I was in control I didn't need as much bravery.  I will need a certain amount of bravery going forward to stick to this new change.  But not as much as I need on those first few days.  Isn't that true of any fear or issue that controls us that we try to overcome?  We must be extremely brave at the beginning but as we begin to conquer we need a little less Brave.  We become more confident.  We become more skilled.  Choosing not to fear takes Bravery.  Choosing to overcome fear takes Bravery.  Eventually the fear becomes a thing of the past. The quicker we put on the brave the quicker the issue becomes part of our past.
  
I want to encourage you in BRAVERY today.  God will honor this and help you in the process, you are most certainly not along.  Be set Free!!

9:47 PM Well! I am tired! But I am finishing this post and reading a bit more of It Starts With Food before going to bed.  Tonight I made turkey avocado burgers on the grill. The recipe was for chicken avocado burgers - but turkey worked great! I made smashed cauliflower to go with it along will grilled squash. The recipe made 4 burgers. So hello lunch and maybe breakfast! I am still in shock over the mayonnaise I made yesterday! So good!

Tomorrow night I have an employee appreciation banquet that will be serving "heavy hors d'oeuvres"...trying to not get nervous about that and then to the carnival that's in town. I am not worried about eating there at all - ick! But it may be another late night before I get home to eat. Fortunately I have a leftover salmon patty and coleslaw. That will be my dinner, its planned, that should make me feel better.

I really want to talk to everybody about Whole30 - I am so excited and encouraged by the awesomeness of it!

Until tomorrow sweet people!


No comments: