Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Whole 30 - Day 23 - Just in Awe!

8:21 AM First of all I was out of bed at 6:06 this morning!  New record for this journey!  We left the house a few minutes ahead of schedule.  So far it's a pretty awesome morning! For breakfast I fried up some more steak strips, cut up a tomato and added some avocado along with black coffee today.

I can't even begin to tell you how much is going through my head lately.  This is and has been a truly wonderful experience.  I mentioned yesterday how I feel like I am finally free.  It's true, I am free!  But, the battle is not over.  I hate to compare my reliance on food to a drug addiction or to an alcohol addiction but yet, to make my point I need to.  Once someone has been "clean" 14 days, 30 day, 60 days, etc., they still have to stand firm in their clean choices.  I don't know if the desire to go back to the old lifestyle ever goes away.  I wonder if there is always a sense of comfort from what was.  I don't expect this battle to be over in the next 7 days.  Nor do I expect it to be over in another 30 days.  As I continue to make progress there will be challenges.  At this point I am confident that I will overcome but I am not so prideful to think it will be easy and not require effort.

I feel like my body and my brain are communicating far better than ever before.  I had a friend who talked about "listening to her body" a lot.  When she was tired, she slept.  When she woke up, she got up.  I am beginning to understand this.  It's very clear to me in the evening.  I just get to a point that I am tired, undeniably tired.  So I have been getting to bed a bit earlier.  Last week I was waking up before 5AM - that was crazy!  But I decided this week I was going to try to get up, like out of bed, when I wake up.  The past two nights I have slept pretty hard and have woke up with my alarm. This morning I easily, almost without thought, got out of bed just a few minutes earlier.  When eating my mind and my eyes are dismayed be the much smaller amounts of food that I eat.  But they are quickly swayed into satisfaction as I begin to eat.  I am not stressing nearly as much about food and yes, starvation, as I was.

I am still pondering over last nights message.  The speaker and the message struck a deep chord with me.  I am still trying to process through it.  I can tell you this, God has been so good to show me lately just how far I have come in many areas of my life, my physical day to day life, and my spiritual life.  I am so encouraged by this.  I feel like I am standing on a mountain top looking down at all my past struggles, disappointments, and failures.  You would think the view would't be so pretty.  But it is magnificent.  I don't resent all these things, I embrace them, because they have made me into a better person, a happier person, a person full of peace and joy.

8:47 PM So tonight since I am just cooking for myself - I have class and get home after everyone has eaten - I cooked salmon patties (My daughter calls them crabby patties and yes - she eats them!) I planned to make the Whole30 mayonnaise but was thinking "no way"! This stuff is amazing! It blows store bought mayo out of the water! I made tartar sauce out of it and used it to make cole slaw. My dinner was the bomb!!! 

Oh goodness! I didn't tell you about lunch! Leftover grilled chicken, fresh spinach, dices tomatoes and avocado.

Today has been a non stop day and I am so thankful I have the energy and desire to get through it boldly! I have a couple of things to do before bed. I feel an exceptional sleep coming on!!

Thank you again for reading!!

No comments: