Monday, April 27, 2015

Day 22 - Whole30 - Have I mentioned how awesome this is?

8:54 AM I am anticipating a busy day.  But, I am ready for it.  I have clear thinking, focus, and energy...not to mention I am in a great mood.  Have I mentioned how awesome it is to feel this way? And did I mention I feel like this EVERYDAY.  I am just praising the Lord for Whole30!  Some of you may laugh at that thought - but I know God intends good for me, He intends great health for me.  He is blessing my efforts to be responsible for this one body He has blessed me with.

This morning was quite the yummy breakfast.  Breakfast I think is where I have to step outside the box the most on this program.  I cooked up some lean steak strips in olive oil and warmed up the other half of the sweet potato I didn't eat last night.  I ate that with my coconut oil coffee. Steak is totally yummy for breakfast and the sweet potato is like a luscious treat! This morning I also did not have to force it down.  I still wasn't "hungry" but I wasn't all ick about having to eat breakfast. I woke up this morning at about 5:40 and got out of bed at 6:16.  I have told myself, this week, I will get out of bed when I wake up just to see what happens.  I could really like this getting up much earlier all on my own, no alarm, nobody else up, yes, there could be some serious awesomeness in this.

OHHHHHHH and the new Whole 30 book should arrive at my house today!  Being the nerdy reader that I am I will not read it until I finish reading It Starts with Food cover to cover. Perfect timing though if you ask me.  If I decide to do back to back Whole30's my next one will start on May 6th.  That gives me 9 days to finish the first book and jump into the second.  Perfect!

Let me tell you this as well.  Bless my husbands heart.  He has been through so many ups and downs with me trying to lose weight and become more healthy.  His "gift" is not encouragement or support so to speak.  His heart is totally there - but what is in his heart doesn't come out of his mouth very well.  He tries though.  Either I am just feeling so much better and I am so much LESS emotional with this program OR he is greatly improving in his ability to voice encouragement and support.  I have asked him a couple of times if he was okay with how this was going....meaning how my doing whole 20 is affecting him.  He has said he is good every time.  I think he enjoys the eating more at home and the things we are cooking.  We talked last night and I asked him how he felt about me doing another Whole30 - meaning 60 straight days.  The biggest area I think it could affect him in a negative way is when we do go out to eat we have to consider what is available for me to eat.  We talked specifically about that.  He is totally in support.  He basically said it is obvious that this is working and so we have to keep going forward.  This morning he showed me a profile picture he took of me of March 25th and tried to explain that I have really become smaller.  Of course I look at it and don't really know.  So he makes me take another profile picture this morning to compare the March 25th picture to.  I think I see it!  That is probably the most supportive thing he has done for me. I have a good man.  He does make me totally crazy sometimes, but he is a good man!
 10:14 and super tired! Wonderful blessed night! Hearing Carrie speak was amazing. Meeting her was amazing! Having all 3 of my daughters with me and my friend Kandra was amazing! They had an amazing taco bar as well which I navigated with ease. A little chicken, guacamole, tomatoes and lettuce. I added some chicken that I had brought with me which led to another completely successful whole 30 day! 

I am sure I will have more I say about tonight when I blog tomorrow. 

Lots of love - I am off to sleepy land!

No comments: