Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Whole 30 - Day 17 - Can you believe it!?!?

9:42 AM It's going to be another fantastic day! Breakfast this morning was simply two eggs fried in olive oil and my coffee with coconut oil.  Silly me, I totally forgot today was "Walk to School Day" so we were in a mad rush to get ready!  Again, even though I forgot, even though we were rushed, I was calm and focused.  No stress!  I was up in between 6:10 and 6:15!  We made it to "Walk to School Day" and all is well!  I must say again though, some prep work last night would have made this morning smoother.  I could have prepared my lunch in it's container.  I could have prepared Brandy's lunch too.  Plus I waited until this morning to go through her school bag.  I had plenty of unrushed time last night.  I will get there!

Here is a little funny for today.  I purchased a hair straightener that will work on wet hair!  I am thinking - HUGE time savings!  Well, I don't straighten my hair right now at all.  So there is that little glich - not being very efficient with the whole process of straightening.  Much to my regret - it simply does not dry as fast as the blow dryer!  I am going to keep working with it in hopes that maybe the process will become smoother - I am not overly hopeful though!

9:03 PM another day is in the books.  This evening my old habits were trying to pop up. But I kept them at bay! I had some Alaskan cod with summer squash and broccoli. I put ghee on the veggies. It was good! 

I did not have dinner planned so it could have been disastrous tonight. Now that I am more in control than the food I am able to make much more calm and realistic decisions. But let me say - I prefer planning rather than shooting from the hip! I am working in my menu for next week and for finishing this week. Planning and pre-prepping are your friends.

A very personal note now. It has nothing to do with Whole30. I have been blessed to have 2 spiritual moms. Women who have grown my up in my relationship with God. Today one of them had a stroke. I know it is almost time for her to go to our Heavenly home. My heart is sad and glad at the same time. I am sure I will be shedding a few tears tonight as I think about one of the most precious women in my life.

As always - thanks for reading! Please comment here or on my Facebook! Much love to all!

No comments: