Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Whole 30 - Day 16 - Let's give them something to talk about!

9:17 AM.  It has been a fantastic morning even though I ended up eating my breakfast in the car!  It's a good thing I am focused on progress and not perfection!  I had two turkey roll ups (spinach in the middle) these things are quite tasty. Don't forget my coffee with coconut oil.

I have a lot to say today...I think I have had a lot to say a lot lately! I hope you enjoy it!

First - someone asked me today about the cost of doing this plan.  I don't know if anybody noticed, but I haven't gone to the grocery store this week.  That is because the food I have purchased over the last two weeks is still going!  I did by 2 pounds of beef and 2 dozen eggs from the health food store the end of last week that was about $20.00.  So seriously - here I am at week 3 and have spent less than $250.00.  That's buying mostly compliant protein and some organic produce.  Also, the price of compliant protein here in our little town is quite a bit more expensive than going to a Sprouts or WholeFoods in Tulsa.  I am planning to start a monthly trip to purchase the protein.  Also, I am eating out A LOT LESS!  I think I may do a comparison to what we spent eating out last month to this month when I am done.  Finally, I am not throwing out food!  I am trying to buy just what we need and most of it is fresh now so buying just what we need decreases the chances of throwing it out if it goes bad.  We are also eating our leftovers now!

Here is an interesting thing I have noticed.  My husband and 7 year old are grazer/snackers.  Since I have started this Whole30, I have been cooking more at home - this includes breakfast and dinner.  I pack my lunch.  I have always packed my 7 year olds lunch..this isn't a new thing.  Okay, so I notice there is A LOT less snacking going on in our house!  I mean A LOT!  There have been 3 consecutive days that my husband did not have an evening snack.  They just happen to be on days that we cooked.  There have been meals that he has eating only the protein and veggies...he didn't eat the carb that I cook for him and Brandy.  Plus, they are clueless that they now eat fresh local eggs and more natural protein choices!  I should have weighed my husband when I started this! Ha Ha!

I have a friend who chit chats with me every now and then that is on Whole30.  I just love it because unless you are on this - you don't understand the awesomeness of it!  You just don't realize how bad you feel and how stupid your choices have been until you do this.  I have friends asking me more about this!  I have friends telling me they know someone else that has done this.  One even told me her doctor has done it and "kinda" mentioned it to her!

Let me jump back to my morning real quick.  Hubby and I snuggled again until 6:20.  Have I mentioned how much I like snuggling with him.  Keep a clean mind now - it really is just cuddling.  So, I was up later than I planned.  I had a few more things I wanted to take care of before the housekeeper got there.  I jumped back into an old habit.  I made my breakfast and packed my lunch as I was on my way out the door.  Two things I was to focus on here.  Even though it was one of the hairy mornings - I did not yell at my daughter or my husband one single time!  I was not stressed and emotionally upset.  I was fine!  Totally fine.  This is not the routine I desire to have everyday, even though it turned out more than fine, I like the new habit I am forming better.  The second thing is the importance of having options ready at all times.  When we have grilled I have grilled extra pork and chicken.  When I have done crock pot things I do a bit bigger batch.  I have compliant food ready!  When I chop or even cook veggies, I chop and cook more than we need.  This morning I went to the frig, pulled out some meat and put in a to go container, added some sauerkraut to it (I bought a large jar of it so I could easily store it in the frig for multiple use) and BAM I have lunch in less than 60 seconds!  The turkey lunch meat - less than a minute to make two roll ups!

I told you I had some things to say today! I will be back later, you can count on it!

Being faithful means doing what is needed to take good care of what is entrusted to you. #faithful http://holleygerth.com

1:53 PM Don't worry! I am not as talkative as I was this morning!  Just ate my lunch - pork and sauerkraut.  Yummy!  It's been a busy day, but not overly productive so I need to get to it!

8:50 PM late night! I had class until about 7:15 and then I had to run to Wal-Mart. I got home at about 8:00. I fried up some hamber and added pico to it in the skillet. I shredded up some cabbage and put it on a plate, put a nice amount of the hamburger mixture on top of the cabbage and then....you guessed it! Avocado on top. I was feeling the hunger on my way home so I was a bit worries that I might lose control. Nope! I am as groovy as they come!! 

It's been a great day! Have I mentioned how much I am loving this program?!? 

Lots of love!!


No comments: