Monday, April 20, 2015

Day 15 - Actually I guess today is half way - Whole30

9:36 AM  Good morning!  I was out of bed by 6:12!  Woohoo!  I am getting there!  This morning I made some turkey lunch meat rollups - filled with raw spinach and about a teaspoon of pico.  I made three rollups.  The slices of turkey were about 5 - 6 inches across.  I fried Brandy her egg and we sat down to eat.  I ate one roll up and was good to go.  I had no desire to eat anymore.  So....I now have two rollups and a grapefruit in my lunch bag!

I have been thinking the past few days about how easy this has been.  I have come to the conclusion that the eating has indeed been easy.  I have talked about a few habits over the past couple of weeks.  Habits along with just changing the way we function each day - our lifestyle - those are the hard parts.  It's hard to change what we have done for many many years!  It is hard to change your morning routine.  It is hard to plan ahead and to be prepared.  We say - life is too busy, I don't have time.  It's a lie we tell ourselves, or, truth be told, a lie satan has planted and we have believed.  Some of you may be saying - "satan? Sure, whatever" but I am telling you, he sneaks in to cause choas, stress and ill health.  John 10:10 is pretty point blank on this! satan comes to steal, kill and destroy!  He steals, kills and destroys our peace, our hope for health, our attempts to live a quality life with our family.  This viscous cycle of being busy and never having time is a cycle we have been led into thanks to satan.  God does not desire this for us.  Read the end of John 10:10.  Jesus came that we might have life MORE ABUNDANTLY!  More joy, more health, more quality of life.  Don't even get me started on the lies of satan that we have believed about our selves and our self image.  God is blessing me greatly this journey, not only with steps in improving my health, but with my goal to make a lifestyle change that improves quality for myself and my family.  He is opening my eyes to life in these areas as He would have them to be.  God desires the best for us and when we make honest efforts to make better decisions for our lives, He is good to honor our efforts.  I just love God!

More later gators!

9:09 PM What an odd evening it has been. My hubby we as home early so we got to got out to dinner with my dad. We went the hubby and dads preferred Mexican restaurant and I had my trusty Pollo Loco. It. Was. Not. Awesome! Lol! But I was fine! Since it was so early we got home early for the evening and I have just been able to piddle around.  Our housekeeper comes tomorrow so of course I have to pick up before she gets here. I have read a little bit too. I have one more task to take care of and off to bed to read some more! I am trying to read "It starts with food" completely before my new whole30 book arrives! I preordered it and it is released tomorrow!!! 

A couple of things to note at this point. I have had minor swelling issues in my feet and legs for years! I noticed yesterday my feet had ZERO swelling, checked my legs, ZERO! I am definitely more relaxed and like steady all day long. I am focused and plowing through work from 8 all the way until 5! At 4:30 I am not thinking about taking a power nap when I get home. These are significant pluses!!

Now we are officially half way through this Whole30!

No comments: