Sunday, April 5, 2015

The day/night before Whole30!

Hello again.  I am excited and nervous about starting Whole30 tomorrow.  I feel like I have prepped pretty well.  I took before pictures, weighed and measured.  Even though we had a busy family filled day due to Easter, I went to the grocery store at about 8pm.  I had made my menu for every meal and prepared a shopping list.  Just FYI - I spent $100 for groceries - just food items - for the week.  I have myself, my husband and one daughter at home.  I took time to prep some vegies and fruit.  Out of curiosity I timed it.  To prep broccoli, cauliflower, one bell pepper, two pounds of carrots, 4 potatoes (not for me, they went in with the roast for dinner tomorrow) and a cantaloupe in about 30 minutes. I don't think that's too bad.  I purposely put ziplocks of some of the vegies in the frig at eye level.  I also browned up some steak bits and prepared my lunch for tomorrow while doing all this. 

Another piece of prep work I have done the past 2 days  was to start minimizing my carbs/sugars.  I hope this will make any withdrawals a little less harsh.  Hopefully.

I haven't read enough of the book to feel completely ready...but I do believe I have the basics down.  This is one reason I only bought a week of groceries.  I imagine I will learn more and have a modified plan for next week.  I also hope to run across a recipe or two that I would like to try.

I have two events this week that I am trying to be especially prepared for.  Tomorrow we are having a pizza party to celebrate a coworkers birthday.  Like I said earlier I prepared my lunch so I should totally be good to go!  Friday and Saturday I am going to a womens retreat with my sister.  I have a list of foods to pack that should get me through any situation.  Plus I told my sister that I am on this plan and I know she will be supportive. 

So long for now - I will be back tomorrow night!

D. J.

No comments: