Friday, April 3, 2015

Well Hello Again, Let's get this Blogging Started Again!

Well I have been insanely busy, wasn't having a lot of hits on my blog so I stopped blogging.  But recently I have started missing it and the outlet it gives me...So I hope I get several who will interact, and I hope to be of help to others, but if I don't, it helps me and that's still a good thing!

I am getting prepared to start a 30 day journey of what some might say is a "drastic" change to my eating.  I am still battling my weight issue.  I am convinced there is an eating/activity lifestyle that suits me AND benefits my health...I simply haven't found it. I feel like I am pretty in touch with my body signals, more in touch than say 10 years ago.  That's progress.  I know I don't feel good when I eat sweets - fortunately I don't have a love affair with sweets.  However I do love bread!  Basically the same affect.

In the past year "ish" under the direction of my doctor I have gone on a couple of medications to address some PCOS issues.  I read A LOT!  I have read that diet can actually play a part in the PCOS symptoms.  I would much rather change my eating instead of being on the medication.

I am experiencing more aches and pains.  Some would chalk it up to getting older.  I believe it could just be my eating choices catching up with me and that by changing my eating choices I would reverse some of the issues. 

I read a little bit about the Whole30 about a month ago.  More recently I read a young lady's blog about her Whole30 experience that she recently completed.  She was a great little blogger.  She blogged almost every day of her 30 day journey! She posted pictures of each meal, which look doable and  delectable, and while she struggled emotionally she did it!  Her posts convinced me to try it. 

I know it sounds funny but I feel like I am on the brink of success with my health.  I am rather excited about starting Whole30 on Monday.  I am going to attempt to post daily and post meal pics as she did.  If not daily, often.  I will take measurements tomorrow. I will weigh Monday morning.  Then under the instruction of the book - I will have my hubby hide my scale for the next 30 days.  The book stresses preparation.  Tomorrow will be about making 2 weeks of menus and to go grocery shopping.  Prep of the foods also on Saturday and Sunday.  From now until Monday morning I will be doing a lot more reading and prepping.  I really am excited.  A little scared.  You know - I don't want to fail.  I have told many that I am doing this, family and friends.  I am looking for accountability more than encouragement.  Sometimes family isn't the best to offer encouragement - lol! 

I have more to say - but perhaps I should save that for tomorrow.

Talk to you soon!

No comments: