Monday, April 6, 2015

Day 1 Whole30 and Away we go!

8:58 AM Oh holy cow!  This morning I scrambled some eggs with some diced cooked steak (that I cooked last night) and I cooked it in just a bit of olive oil.  I thought it would be pretty smart to put into like a lettuce wrap.  I used red lettuce leaves.  Let me just say that doesn't work!  About 1/4 of my protein fell out of the top and bottom an onto my car floor! Yes, I know I am suppose to eat at a table - but I eat in my car everyday on the way to work!  Baby steps, I plan to make the transition to my table.  For a brief second or two when I lost that portion of my protein I had a thought that I could possibly die from starvation!  Fortunatly that passed quickly.  There was enough moisture that it leaked out of my wrap, through my paper towel and all over my hand...remember I am driving...ugh! A mess. But I successfully ate the rest and am satified and know my tummy is full enough.  I also had coffee - added coconut oil to it.  If you haven't tried coconut oil in your coffee yet - it is a must!  I heard about this about a year a ago and have been doing it ever since.  YUM!  I haven't read yet if coffee is ok or not? I am assuming it is at this point.

I have that pizza party this afternoon.  I have a salad of organic greens, a sliced bell pepper, carrot sticks, cauliflower and some of the steak.  In a seperate container I have vinegar and oil to add when it is time to eat it.  I purposesly did not dice up the vegies as I plan to eat them with my fingers.  I think this should prolong the eating process and help me to emotionally feel like I have eaten a lot in addition to giving my body time to register that it is full/satisfied.

More later!  Happy Monday.

1: 55 PM Lunch went very well.  My plan with cutting my vegies into strips worked beautifully.  I was the last one to finish eating so I did not have to watch everyone else eating their pizza!  We will have cake shortly to finish up the celebration.  I have a boiled egg and half a grapefruit to eat while everyone else eat their cake.  I don't feel like I am depriving myself.  I don't feel resentful that I am not eating pizza or cake.  I am good!

10:50 PM Day 1 is under my belt.  It was relatively easy.  Dinner was roast, carrots and brussel sprouts..  My 7 year old and I ate at the table.  She was excited about that, so I was too.  It was very nice.

Tonight had normal stresses, getting the 7 year old through her night time routine at her normal unchanging speed of "mosey" makes me irritable.  Husband worked late which is fine but came in the house and immediately started grumping about his day.  That stresses me.  But even with the stress I didn't do anything but keep busy with herding the mosier along and picking up house. Hubby started not feeling well and said he may want t o go to the ER.  In our 25 years of marriage he hasn't even gone to the doctor but maybe 5 times.  Thankfully he seems to be resting ok now. 

I have read that day 2 and 3 can be a bit hairy...I am hoping I will be an exception to the rule! 

Until Day 2 my lovelies!

D. J.



No comments: