Thursday, April 9, 2015

Day 4 - I feel good!

10:16 AM - Great news! I did not eat breakfast in my car today!  I ate in the bathroom while putting on my make up! Baby steps.  Again, I realized this morning how much easier mornings would be if I prepared the night before!  I am going to get there.  Today I feel REALLY good!  I didn't expect to, but I do.  I woke up again before my alarm but chose to cuddle with my main squeeze until 6:20.  Cuddling is good.  I warmed up some of the diced steak I cooked on Sunday and cut up half of a happy avocado and mixed.  Had my coffee with coconut oil too.  I packed a larger amount of food today for lunch and snack (if needed).  I really wanted to be "prepared" today.  For what I am not sure! LOL!

I am excited and nervous about the next couple of days.  Tomorrow at noon I will be going to a women's retreat with my sister.  I will be out of my home element for Friday afternoon through until about 9 or 10 on Saturday.  I am excited about the retreat - I haven't been to a womens conference in MANY years.  I can't wait to have some lengthy dedicated unfamilyinterupted (I just made that word up) GOD time!  I want to hear from God and I want to just be and remain in His presence!  Nervous about making good eating choices.  I am seriously taking my insulated lunch back both days with healthy goodies that should get me through.  I will be doing all that prep work this evening.

1:51 PM MAN, Do I feel good!  I was not hungry at noon.  I have class at 12:30.  I usually try to eat a little something before I go to class as I don't want to be distracted by hunger.  It's a hard class...I need to be able to focus.  But, I was so not hungry I didn't eat.  Here it is almost 2 in the afternoon and I am just starting to feel hungry.  This is pretty darn cool.  I have had a pretty productive morning, my mood is great, my focus is pretty great,...I like it!  For lunch I have mixed greens with the final bit of Monday steak. Broccoli, Cauliflower, carrots, and bell peppers all cut up into pieces I can eat with my fingers to prolong the eating process.  Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil as dressing.  I have a grapefruit too, but I don't think I will be eating it with lunch.

8:47 PM  Well hello irritability! You came out of no where and you came in fast.  Not sure if Whole30 invited you in or if the monthly hormones did.  It does not matter, you are simply not welcome here!

Another unexpected dinner out tonight.  This time is was Mexican.  I rocked it!  I resisted chips and even the salsa as I didn't now if there was sugar in it or not.  I had pollo loco and asked for no rice and to add extra salad.  For those of you who don't know what pollo loco is...think sliced pieces of grilled chicken breasts that have been cooked with a green lettuce salad with generous slices of onion, tomato, and avocado.  Lots of food.  I am full! 

I did at least 2 wogging (walk/jogging) miles tonight.  Normally I do 3 - time didn't allow for it.  I was hoping I would feel better while wogging, it was ok, maybe I am hoping too soon. 

Overall though - the eating is rather simple and pleasurable.  I am not having any cravings at all.  I am only tempted to nibble - and that's just out of habit.   I am happy to not be tracking calories or points or what ever.

Day 4 - DONE!

No comments: