Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Day 3 Whole30 - Could get interesting

9:11 AM - I slept good last night.  I woke up before my 5:45 alarm.  I didn't get out of bed until 6:15 but I was awake 30 minutes earlier.  6:15 is still earlier than normal for me which is great as I would love to have less rushed mornings.  I do know that preparation the night before would sure help the morning activities - yet, I resist, why?  I have no idea!  I am working on this shift.  Even though I got up earlier today we were still rushing around, it is "Walk to School Day" for Miss Brandy so we needed to leave 10 - 15 minutes earlier.  Again, I thought I might miss breakfast and starve to death if I did (not that I was hungry - just panic at the thought of no food even though it's unrealistic).  Mentally I think if I miss breakfast I will think I have blown it for the day.  I stress over breakfast.  Today I put my breakfast on a small plate instead of a to go container...I took it to the bathroom thinking I could eat it while I was doing make up.  This would be an improvement over eating it the car, right? It's also a step towards getting to the table.  Well, I ended up eating it in the car.  LOL!

I read the timeline last night for Day 2 and 3.  And even though I told myself I would not read ahead, I did.  I am thinking I should just toss that time line.  Yikes!  I choose to believe the good vibrations are going to kick in early for me, I will not be the norm!

12:59 PM - Beautiful and wonderful lunch with one of my daughters today.  She asked last night if we could do lunch today.  I said yes but asked if  we could perhaps meet in the park and bring our lunches? She was totally supportive and agreeable.  It was so nice!  We got to sit, eat, talk, and have minimal distractions.  I can't believe how nice it was and kinda refreshing!  Thankful to have support.  Today I have received to encouraging messages from people.  Both have read the blog!  I can't even explain how much this helps me.  It helps my belief factor and my accountability!  Thank you ladies!  Oh - my lunch today was the last bit of leftover roast, brussell sprouts (do you know I love brussell sprouts?), a half a grapefruit and a couple pieces of cauliflower.  I am a bit full now.  I could have got by with less.

9:03 PM All in all another good day!  I made spaghetti for dinner.  The family had noodles and traditional sauce.  I made my own "sauce" which I kinda normally do anyway because I like big chunky vegies.  Instead of having noodles I shredded cabbage into long strips and cooked it. Added hamburger to my "sauce" and voila!  YUM!  I saved a bit of it just in case I wanted some after church.  I am glad I did because I have had the munchies.  I ate it and have just made me a cup of tea.  I am feeling a little antsy - I have asked my husband to help me clean the kitchen so I won't nibble on things I shouldn't.  Please don't get me wrong - I am not hungry at all.  Just so used to taking a nibble here and a nibble there. I didn't realize how much I do that until these past two days. 

I was a bit tired when I got home at 5:20.  I seriously took like a 15 minute snooze and was good to go.  I am not nearly has tired and out of it as I was last night.

I guess that's all for today folks. 

One more thing - I know its a little funky to comment on my blog...feel free to message me on facebook Denni Swepston - if you can't figure it out here.  I love hearing from you!

D. J.

No comments: