Friday, April 10, 2015

Day 5 - Whole30 - Wow!

8:12 AM First of all, chicken breast for breakfast - not my favorite at all! But I ate breakfast...not in my car...in my office...wrong direction baby step.  However, it was just a funky morning.  I could not find a groove.  I was packing up the rest of my stuff for my trip.  I didn't do things last night that I would normally do and that makes for a hairier than normal morning.  I really have to make that evening shift to preparation for the next day - I even have my list made of what I need to do.  I just haven't started using it.  It starts Sunday - and that is that. Okay - so chicken - meh! But my coffee with coconut oil - ahhhhhhh!!

I did manage to prep all my food last night for my trip - insert pat on the back here - I have chicken, carrots, cauliflower, grapefruit, avacados, eggs and I even attempted a little dip.  I mixed chopped boiled eggs, diced avocado and some olive oil together, mashing as I mixed.  I think it will be yummy!  So I should seriously be prepared for anything.

I am looking forward to this little get away!  I need break - a brain break, an emotional break, a physical break, you name the break I need it!  I pray for an abundance of refreshing! I can't wait.

I plan to at least blog before I go to bed tonight.  Hopefully!

10:15 PM What a fantastic day!  I ate my lunch in the vehicle on the way to my sisters.  It's about an hour and half drive. Boneless skinless Chicken breast fried in coconut oil, carrot sticks and cauliflower.  It didn't take much at all and I was completely happy.  I had searched online for organic restaurants in Joplin and wrote down  4 of them that were organic friendly.  Chipotle was one of the restaurants.  I had never been but my sister says it is awesome.  So we went for dinner- can I just say A.MAZ.ING!  I had "a bowl" with  carnitas (pulled pork from friendly grown pigs) lettuce, fresh pico de gallo, and fresh guacamole.  Perfect portion, perfect flavor!  We ate a table outside, visited and relaxed.  It was a great dining experience. 

Tonight at the retreat they had snacks at about 7:30 or 8:00.  I really wasn't hungry but felt it would be odd if I didn't get something.  I stuck with carrots. broccoli and strawberries.  There were many other tasty looking treats that would have been fun to sample but I resisted easily. 

Here is your bonus for tonight - this retreat is great!  I used to come to this one about 10 years ago and I loved it so much then.  I was a young believer and aching for knowledge about what God wanted from me and what I was suppose to do as a Christian and I guess without knowing it I wanted so desperately to fit into this God life.  I was beat up (from my own words and thoughts), I was a failure, I was imperfect and odd, unaccepted.  Tonight as I listened to the speaker I realize I am still imperfect and odd but I am totally accepted, my past failures no longer have a hold on me and I now have a much clearer picture of who God created me to be.  My heart has changed ever so much.  I know I have grown in the Lord - like I have a clear memory of a past me to compare to the now me and its so obvious.  I feel proud and I feel victorious. God is good folks - that's simply all there is to it! 

I am ready for tomorrow! For the retreat and for Day 6 of Whole30!

Lots of love!

D. J.

No comments: