Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Day 2 of Whole30 - holding my breath!

8:03 AM I got up earlier than normal today, I wanted to finish picking up before the housekeeper came.  Yes, I pick up before the housekeeper came.  No, we are not rich folk, we have simply realized the benefits of having a housekeeper are well worth the small amount of money we pay her to come every other week.  Benefits like sanity, peace, being more accountable to keep the house picked up daily, more time for family and for homework. Anyway!  My getting up early was actually pretty easy.  I have been struggling to just get up on time since that evil daylight savings time.  I was pretty rushed though because I had a lot to get done.  Fortunately I had prepared my lunch last night after dinne - dinner leftovers.  But I was getting worried about having time to do breakfast.  I am happy to say I had plenty of time to scramble up and egg and dice up a half of an avocado.  Let me just say here - AVOCADOS MAKE ME HAPPY!!! It was perfectly ripe too! YUM!  Let's not forget my coffee with coconut oil.  This is living!

I am a little worried about my day - but I should be!  Today I have class at lunch time and class at dinner time.  I brought plenty of leftovers and will just have to choose the right times to eat.  I will also have to remind myself that I will not die of starvation in the middle of the day!

12:09 PM - Super productive day so far at work!  I actually began to feel hungry, like feel the empty in my stomach hungry about 30 minutes ago.  I think most days I really don't experience getting hungry.  So I went ahead and ate a little meal. A small amount of each; leftover roast, carrots and brussel sprouts. All is well.

5:07 PM - Wow - a super productive afternoon as well.  Somehow I didn't have that 3:00 munchy craving or desire to take a nap! Wowzers!  Almost time for my 5:30 Class.  Feeling a little hungry but not enough to want to eat.

8:45 PM.  Hmmm.  Shortly after my 5:07 update I started fading.  Just feeling kinda tired.  Thank goodness my night class was much shorter than normal.  My hubby wanted to go out for dinner.  He was very supportive in discussing options with me.  I didn't plan to eat out at all this week.  We chose Mazzios because I thought I could navigate the salad bar pretty well and I knew they usually have boiled eggs on the salad bar....Protein, check!  Who knew it would be buffet night!  It actually wasn't too hard.  I had salad, carrots, broccoli, eggs and tomatoes with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.  I don't know if I was feeling deprived or just unsatiated but shortly after we got home I warmed up just a bit of leftover steak bites and diced up 1/2 of an avocado.  That did it!  But still tired.  So I am typing to you from my bed.  I will be asleep soon!

Day 2 - DONE!

Until tomorrow.



No comments: