Thursday, April 16, 2015

Day 11 - Really?



9:37 AM.  I am a bit chatty this morning so this may be a longer than normal morning post!

I actually had to look at my calendar today to make sure I was on Day 11.  I found that funny.  This morning I wanted to revert to my normal.  I didn't want to get up earlier and make breakfast.  I just wanted to get up, get ready, and eat a granola bar in the car with my coffee.  But I made myself get up at 6:20 and head to the kitchen.  I picked up the kitchen from last night, made me scrambled eggs with leftover roast cut up in them.  Also has a sliced tomato along with my coffee and coconut oil.  I had to seriously rush to be completely ready before I went out the door.  So I did it!  I am proud of myself for not giving in to normal and for moving forward on creating a new normal.

For the past few days I have had a sweet metallic taste in my mouth.  Strong sweet metallic taste.  So much so, this past weekend I fixed a glass of water, took a drink and thought that the cup must be dirty because I could taste sweet in it.  I was mad dang it...here I am avoiding sugar and someone put a dirty sugar laden cup in the cabinet.  I pulled out another cup and the same thing happened.  So then I decided it must be something going on with our water.  Until I got to work on Tuesday and filled my glass here up from the water filling station. It tasted the same.  I started thinking about it.  My coffee had the same taste and the taste was in my mouth in the mornings.  I googled it today.  It can be caused by a lot of things, but one is a dramatic change in diet.  It should only be temporary.  I hope so, it's kinda nasty.

Today and tomorrow I will start working on a tentative menu for the next 2 weeks!  I am excited!  I am also planning a trip to the farmers market Saturday morning, even more excited!

Okay - that's all for this morning!  Until the noon hour.

10:00 PM looks like I missed the noon hour! I had left over roast and asparagus - oh and that nasty taste in my mouth! 

Dinner was Pollo Loco at an Mexican restaurant! This stuff is so good I decided to include a pic of it!  I did not have a single chip!

I found out today a friend secretly started whole30 a day after I did! I am so excited for both of us! I have another friend that started maybe this week! It's fantastic!

I "wogged" a couple of miles tonight - it's still not feeling great. But it's coming. Oh!! I did have a half of apple and almond butter before I went wogging. 

Good night friends!

No comments: