Friday, October 23, 2009

Basking in Joy

I love joy! It's odd that we don't even realize we have lost it until it reappears again. Joy came back when I was breaking down the walls blocking blessings. Joy enables us to see with new and different eyes. I have a large backlog at work right now, Joy has opened my eyes to the fact that if I will not only ask God for help but actually focus on God through my work day that he leads me, guides me and directs me through my to do list and to do pile. My hubby has been kinda cranky since he has been on some steroids...Joy allowed me to see him differently. Instead of being so defensive, I was reminded to pray for him...within a mere day his countenance shifted. Joy opened my eyes to those in need around me, specific needs, and I saw a specific prayer request and have lifted them up in prayer and encouraged them. I got my feelings hurt at church, Joy helped me to see that what I percieved as the intended motive had no truth to back it up and that I should not jump to conclusions. Joy reminded me life, while hard at time, is full of momments of fun and laughter, full of momments to be present in and to enjoy. Today, I pray JOY for you.

No comments: