Friday, September 25, 2009

Opinions

Opinions, I think we put to much stock into our own opinions and the opinions of others. When we pray for other people, don't we often pray specifically over what we think (our opinion) might help or might be a solution? When dealing with others, how much does our opinion affect our attitude and our quality of communication. When someone tells us what they think (their opinion) about this or that in our life, should we respond or react to it? I personallly think I put too much stock in my own opinion and in the opinions of others and I think it is wrong. When I pray, for myself or someone else, I should pray Gods wisdom and intervention into that persons life. God knows more than I do and He knows better what to do than I do. When we interact with others, however minutely, we should pray for Gods wisdom and perspective of that person and how we should relate to the person, then act accordingly. When others offer their opinion of me, I should accept their opinion graciously, but seek God for his wisdom in my life. My life is meant to be pleasing to God. Pleasing in my prayers, in my daily activities, in how I view myself and those around me. I want to see things with Gods eyes, but, I can't always see ALL that God sees. Do unto others as you would have them do unto me. If you were to pray for me, I would want you to pray Gods wisdom into my life, Gods solutions, Gods peace and provision. Based on the Golden Rule, that is what I should do for others. When you deal with me, I would want You to deal with me in ways that are pleasing to God - in order to know that you would have had to seek out God for that information. I would want you to deal with me with Godly wisdom. So, as I deal with others, again based on the Golden Rule, I should always point others to God, and express what I know is Godly truth to them. Ponder that one for a while! Lots of love to all!

No comments: