Thursday, November 5, 2015

Randomness

I think sometimes I go to hard and worry too much and then I get "sick".  Fortunately, I think I caught this one before it blew into a full blown, go to the doctor, kinda sick.  I haven't felt great for the past couple of days, super tired and headaches.  I considered it to be the withdrawals from carbs since starting Whole30 this time.  But, when I did Whole30 before I sure didn't feel like this.  This morning I could not deny I was not feeling good at all.   I hate that I am not superwoman but I stayed home rather than toughing through it and risking getting sick.  I slept a solid 8 hours last night.  Woke up feeling like I could sleep a lot more.  Got Brandy ready for school, met pops for breakfast, was back in my bed by 8:30 and I slept until 2:00.  A phone call from my hubby checking on me woke me up.  I still feel a bit odd - but I think maybe a bit better.  It's 8:53 PM right now and I am ready to head back to bed.

My previous post stated that my husband was doing Whole30 this time with me.  He lasted a day and two thirds...he was kinda making fun of Whole30 and I asked/told him that wasn't being very supportive of me to which he responded that he had a whole new respect for me being able to do Whole30...brownie points for him!  I am sad he didn't make it though.  I really would like him to feel the goodness after sticking to it for just a short amount of time.

I have stuck to Whole30 today - it wasn't that hard since I slept a better part of it ;-).  So this is Day 5.  I am still excited to be on this journey again.  I do feel like this is forward progress.  I feel more confident than ever that I am going to make it to a much healthier and lighter me.  I am tired of this being one of my battles in life.  I have other battles to tackle. So, my healthy lifestyle needs to become natural for me, without effort.

Days like today always make me ponder life a little bit.  Today I realize I am way to stressed and worried.  It takes a lot for me to actually recognize that in myself. I need to rethink how I am approaching life right now.  With mom passing and dad become a bigger priority a lot of worry has settled in.  I want to do what is right and best for him.  That's a big burden.  But the fact is, he is a grown man, totally able to make his own decision at this point in his life, and I may be taking on more than I should at this time.  Like, thinking I need to do certain things before they actually need to be done.  He is very capable of taking care of himself for the most part.  I need to let go a little bit.  I also just need to breathe and take everything in stride. I don't know.  I just know I can't keep getting so worked up.

That's my random post for today.

Until my next post.

D. J.

No comments: