Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Withdrawals or a bug?

07/08/15 9:22 PM

I spent the day at home today.  I woke up with a pretty good headache.  Soon after my stomach was pretty upset.  The stomach cleared up in about 3 hours.  The headache remained all day, I still have it as I type this.  It kinda felt like it might be sinus related.  I ran my essential oils diffuser most of the day. I would get up and say, fold a load of laundry, and then have to sit back down because it wore me out.  I just had minimal energy.  I honestly don't know if it was a bug or withdrawals.  This is day 4 I think of being back on Whole30.  I certainly didn't do this when I did my original whole30.  I did get rather sleepy/tired but that is all that I remember. My hubby didn't feel to swift yesterday or today so perhaps it was a but.  Either way, I started thinking about withdrawals.  I think its amazing how quickly our bodies become dependent upon things that aren't good for them.  I think is amazing that they respond the way they do to eliminating the bad stuff. I don't think I want to go through this any more than necessary so I am encouraged to really really watch the amount of sugar and carbs that I allow myself in the future.  It really needs to be minimal.  The weeks that I was off the program I didn't really go crazy but I did allow myself to have breads and sweets.  I would say I consumed less than the average person would.  I am surprised, if this is withdrawals, at how intense it is.

At the same time I have felt this way today I know either way, its just temporary. Seriously in very few days I know I will be feeling pretty awesome.  I look forward to it!  It's enough to keep me staying the course.

I don't know if I mentioned this in an earlier post but if I did forgive me.  I am astonished that my weight did not quickly jump back up on the scale.  Eating off of Whole30 I went down a bit and then up a whopping 3 pounds.  Basically, in a month I was up only 3 pounds.  Folks, I am telling you, it's no big deal for me to gain 5 pounds in a week!  So, only 3 pounds is phenomenal!

Today it rained all day!  I do love a rainy day, so that was actually a perk of not feeling good.  As I sat or laid in my chair I looked out our back doors and watched the rain.  It didn't even make it to 80 degrees today.  For July in Oklahoma - that is just not normal.  This evening I went outside and noticed the tree frogs are pretty darn loud tonight.  They make me smile.  I saw a few lightning bugs too.  Again, I smiled.  I do wish we were a bit out of town so that we could hear and enjoy nature a little bit more.  But, still, it's pretty cool.  For a girl from Washington, I would say somehow I have ended up being a country girl.  I love my hometown in Washington, it has a whole different set of loves.  If I had the opportunity to choose between here or there now....man it would be hard.

In one of my classes I am having to read this book titled - Essentialism.  WOW!  I rented the book for class.  I will be "returning" the book and then buying it back from them.  There is no way someone could read this book and not make notes and highlights.  I can't imagine anybody reading this book and not finding value in it, life application for improved quality of life!   This is me telling you - go buy to book and read it!

That's all for today my friends!  Sleep well!

D. J.



No comments: