Sunday, July 19, 2015

How long will the quiet last...

July 19, 2015

It's 4:37 PM and my hubby and daughter are napping.  I have some peace and quiet, the house to myself.   I am tiptoeing around hoping to extend the length of this quiet time.  The past few days have been FULL!  Brandy's birthday was Friday and we literally celebrated the whole day!  Shopping, water park, more shopping~this time to get ready for her party, then we had family and friends over for her party, she had a friend stay the night, family stayed and played games until almost midnight.  My sister and one of my daughters stayed the night too.  The next day Brandy and her little friend played and played and played!  I cleaned up a bit from the day before.  Then we went out to lunch and to drive around our town to show my sister new stuff she hasn't seen before.  We had to run and get a gift for another one of Brandy's friends who was having a party that evening.  We took her overnight friend home and came home for a quick nap.  Off to the park for the birthday party, it started there, went to the splash pad and then a little ice cream place across the street from the splash pad.  From there back to the park for MOVIES IN THE PARK! We got home just before 11:00.  Everybody to bed,  my sister stayed the night again. Then....I could not sleep.  So I got up and worked on homework until after 2 AM.  Up for church ~ there by 7:45.  After church an errand and then out to lunch with my sister, and my oldest daughter and her family, and of course my husband and 8 year old.  We all went back to our house afterwards.  House was empty by 2:15 and it was nap time!  We are all tired.  I don't nap for hours like I used to.  So now I get the benefit of enjoying a quiet house.  However, the 8 year old is stirring.

I savor this time, it is so minimal.  I know when they wake up we will be a full throttle again.  We need to get the house caught up so we can start the week organized and I have homework.  This week is finals week, prayers please, but also PRAISE THE LORD!  I look forward to about 3 weeks of no homework.

A little over a week ago I heard or read about praying for unexpected abundance.  To no pray for it in a specific area but rather to leave that up to God.  Last week my sister and I started reading The Prayer of Jabez together and it discusses praying for Gods blessing - blessing being supernatural favor - again leaving the area or the specifics to God.  Friday I noticed I had an expected deposit in my account.  We would have been okay without it but it was going to be a tight next 7 days, especially with the money we budgeted for Brandy's birthday.  That unexpected abundance took the pressure off.  Thank You God!

Today, pastor preached a great sermon!  I mean really great.  One we all needed to hear but I know my sister needed to hear it especially.  The blessing of teaching and understanding.  God is Good.

It's 4:52 and I hear my stud (husband) getting up.  Looks like my quiet time is over.  I am sure happy I had a few minutes to blog!

Lots of love!

D. J.

No comments: