Saturday, April 25, 2015

Whole 30 - Day 20 - wonderful day!

2:53 PM I only thought I was tired last night! My fitbit has me at almost 15000 steps and I still have lots of daylight left!

This morning at about 7:10 I are a half of an apple and had my coffee with coconut oil. I do not like to eat much before a race so I planned on having breakfast afterwards. My goal today for the race was to get in the 43s...as in less than 44 minutes. I came in at 43 minutes 54 seconds! Then we did not go eat breakfast - instead we came home and changed and headed to the festival. The strip the festival is on is about 3/4 of a mile and I walked up and down at least 4 times! It's a beautiful day though and I see so many people I know plus it just exciting to see how this festival has grown and how many people are visiting our city. 

We had lunch early at a local diner. It was just after 11:00. I am sure the meat was probably not very "organic-y" but I still count it as a success. I ordered a hamburger patty with grilled onions and mushrooms and a side salad. I couldn't eat all of it! That's always exciting! 

So I came home and showered. I swear I had 4 layers on sunblock on me and I still burned! Ugh! Oh well. It's been a fabulous day. I am going to read a bit and take a nap and then who knows what!!

9:02 AM Here is what I am thinking.  I ate dinner out Thursday night, I ate lunch and dinner out yesterday, I ate lunch out today and my folks brought over grilled KFC for dinner tonight.  I am not loving it.  I feel different, less satisfied I guess. Bottom line, I am not loving it.  I had the grilled chicken tonight, some green beans and I made a spinach salad with vinegar an oil.  I was totally not satisfied.  I added an apple and some almond butter.  That was about 3 hours ago and I feel like I could actually eat right now.  I haven't felt this in over two weeks.  My hubby has just put on his shoes to go get more food for him as he is hungry too after dinner.  I am having to just suck it up and deal.  I will be ok.  It's just an eye opener at how eating out repeatedly can so quickly have an affect. 

I decided to go ahead and post that I have had a successful day - doing so, I know I won't fall off the wagon tonight.  I will, however, have some herbal tea and I plan to have a significant vegetable omelet tomorrow! 

One more thing.  Last week I started waking up on my own, before my alarm, at around 4:00 AM!  Crazy!  If you have been reading my posts you know I am not getting out of bed until after 6:00.  Last night we had a more active than normal night and I went to bed about an hour later than normal.  I still woke up before 6:00 and I actually got up!  I just meandered about and my husband woke up so we visited.  It was odd.  This whole waking up before my alarm is odd.  But I am learning that my body has a lot to say...you know, I am paying more attention to it.  This has just been an interesting journey. 

I don't know if I have posted this but some people choose to do a Whole45 or a Whole60 based on what happens during their Whole30. I am thinking I may be one of those that would benefit from doing the Whole45 or Whole60. 

Okay - that my post for tonight all!

Lots of love!

No comments: