Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Maybe my last post....

Well this may be my last post out here.  I love a place to get my thoughts "down on paper" but I just hate that I am the only one receiving benefit from it.   Bummed.

A couple of things have been going through my head this week.

First  - worshiping our Heavenly Father through singing/music.  I get so excited to watch people worship while they sing.  I love to see the surrender, joy and peace in their faces and in their motions.  Even those who have tears streaming down their face - many are just before God laying it out there for Him to heal, to take care of, to love.  It is beautiful.  I am sad for those that can't seem to plug into this outlet to totally bask in the glory and presence of God.  When I am participating in the worship team and I get to look out at everyone often times I try to "see" God and focus my praise on Him.  I also begin to wonder and even ask God sometimes, "Are you pleased with this", "Does this make you smile", "does this honor You" ...Then I think about that day when all is said and done and nothing remains except worshiping our heavenly father.  That will be an amazing time!  In my physical knowledge and understanding I wonder what it will look like.  If I am able to look around - I would see nothing for as far as I could see -except everyone worshiping God - literally a sea of worshipers.  I know I would be excited. But then I have to think about all those that aren't there.  That decided to NOT follow Christ.  Will I think about them on that day?  Will God?  Will God have emotions of joy and of loss?  I hate the thought of people living without a personal relationship with our Lord and Savior.  I also hate the thought of God losing one of his children.  Does this spur you into action?  It does me, it motivates me to live as He has called me to live and do what he prompts me to do.  Times a wasting - we've got to get moving.

Well I was going to touch on a couple more things.  But I think that is a good amount to ponder for today.

Lots of love to all.  Please comment so I know this is getting read.

D. J.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I often wonder that myself during praise and worship. And when I find myself in the flesh during p&w I think about what God must feel when we are supposed to be honoring Him, and I repent and start giving my all. I have to ashamedly admit I have not honored Him in corporate worship. But I'm thankful that His Holy Spirit gently nudges me and asks me what I am doing there. Thanks for the accountability DJ. And KEEP ON BLOGGING!!!