Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Update on being in a new place

Well in just a few short weeks I am amazed at how God works, how quickly He works when we are receptive, how patient He is as we watch in disbelief, and how faithful He is. God doesn't do anything in a small fashion. As His word declares He will see His work through to completion, no half hearted or it's good enough effort for God - He does what He promises, He does it well and He does it completely! It took me a good 2 weeks to grasp the fact that God was answering a prayer that I have been praying for many many years. I was in disblief that what I was seeing was God's hand at work and not just a smooth manipulitive play by an individual. That individual is my husband. My husband has opened his heart to God's promptings and has been acting on those promptings. He has woke up and smelled the coffee! The progress is amazing! I have struggle with knowing if he is seeking God because of/for me or if he is seeking God because that is what God would have him to do. You see if it's for me, then it's wrong motives and it won't stick. Additionally - I would rather Bobby (or anyone for that matter) seek God and Gods direction for who he is suppose to be, and then follow those directions to become the man God wants him to be rather than trying to become what he thinks I want him to be. If he seeks God and follows through with Gods direction - who am I to argue with that! God created Bobby (everyone) to be an amazing individual and has called him to be an exceptional husband and father. As Bobby steps into those shoes what ground would I have to argue or complain? Do you see what I am saying? As a result of this my faith has increased and a my spiritual fire has been stoked! I am trying harder to seek and to listen to God for direction. I am stepping up in areas that have been uncomfortable to step into. My faith eyes have opened a bit wider and I am taking in more of the work that God is doing around me, in my home, in my marriage, in my children, and in me! God has been so good to make sure we are hearing him clearly through confirmations in music we listen to, devotions we read, opportunities becoming available at church, and the sermons we are hearing. NOTHING is COINCIDENTAL! God is at work! I encourage you today - renew your belief in a prayer being answered that you have been praying for. Remind yourself that God's timing is perfect and never late. Remind yourself that God is able to do exceedingly and abundantly more than we can ask for or imagine - then sit back and imagine REALLY BIG things and KNOW God is going to deliver beyond that! Lots of love! D. J.

No comments: