Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy Spring To You!

Well - so much is going on as Spring is just busting out early this year. My folks are down, we just finished time off work and school with our Spring Break, shifting gears now that cheer season is over, and as we approach the end of the school year we start preparing for Allison's senior year of high school! Wowzers!

Let me tell you what's going on in my spiritual life. God has been showing me that I have faith but I simply don't use it. As our preacher is teaching right now - I am not partaking in the grace and gifts that God has for me. So I am stepping out in faith in a couple of areas right now. I have just about decided to just let Brandy tumble next year, not cheer. This means I would not coach this year either. This saves us money and allows me to have more time in my week. My heart breaks though - I like the thought of her cheering and coaching with Allison, I actually love it. But three things are obvious to me: 1) Cheer is not Brandy's cup of tea, 2) We need to cut down on our spending 3) Allison needs to stand on her own in the grown up world of coaching - it's an opportunity for her to grow. Funny how my heart aches yet I feel pressure being lifted at the same time. God is wanting more of my time...that doesn't sound quite right...God is wanting me to spend more time with Him. So, this is the beginning. I am stepping out in faith on this - I know it's what he is asking me to do. As I step out in faith with the cheer leading decision God reveals to me that it's time for me to work with Him on getting our finances in order - as I work on them with Him, His guidance, His wisdom, well He is going to bring great things from it. I can see myself working on our budget, talking to God as I do and then trusting God with what I see on paper - even if it doesn't look too good. God is my provider. This week He really drove that point home with me. I was acting out of fear - when it became obvious the fear was going to be detrimental I stepped out and in faith and man did the day get better! OH another area I have been stepping out in faith - meeting with a group of women from my church. I knew that I needed to and I knew God was prompting me to, but I didn't want to. I think we have met either 3 or 4 times now and I am telling you I am so excited for our next get together! I have enjoyed talking about God and His word so much with these women. I feared judgement, caddiness, and basically a waste of time...but God has put me with a great set of Godly women who genuinely want to serve God and operate in His truth and in His will for their lives! I feel so honored to spend time with them. I just can't believe how much I am enjoying it.

I think I feel like my life is getting under control again. Pastor said last night, "instead of letting life happen to you, it's time to start happening to life" We do this by operating in and partaking in faith and grace. Our faith has to be more than just knowledge - it also has to be active.

That's all I have to say today!

Lots of love to all!

D. J.

No comments: