Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Randomness I guess

Today I don't really have any one topic I don't think. Life, as always, is a little bit hectic. But in the midst of all of it I am focusing on little changes. Remember those 10 goals for the year? Each day I read over them and obviously there are things I do in the morning and there are things I do in the evenings as I strive to meet all 10 goals. It's kind of neat how much I hear God as I am working through these. Most of the goals require some sort of discipline and discipline is much easier to achieve when your heart is open to it and you know it's beneficial. God has been showing me scriptures and giving me great devotions that support that area and encourage me. Some of the goals require strength that I just don't have on a continual basis - but I can tap into God through prayer and He gives me strength! Some require patience - I am such an immediate gratification kinda girl - God is teaching me gently to look at the end result that is coming not on what is not happening like I would like it to at this particular point in time. He reminds me, small changes over time do yield visible undeniable results.

I have not been feeling good the past two days - I think the flu is trying to take me down. But, quite frankly, I don't want to be down. So each day I have prayed for God to help me through the day. I just realized I haven't prayed for healing though. Odd. Okay, I just did. God has been faithful to help me through the past two days and not miss work or miss class.

I am very aware of Gods busyness in my life right now. I see him at work. I see his blessings. I am hearing his promptings. More importantly I am WANTING to spend more time with Him as a result. So many of us want to spend more time with God because we know we are suppose to - but there is that hump that you cross after you realize it's more than a "have to". I am crossing that hump. I am excited to dive into a book I think He has brought me to. I am excited to read it and see what He has for me then to talk to Him about it. I am excited to pray in the mornings over my day. I don't ask him for his presence at work any more - I thank him and ask him to remind us that he is right here with us everyday wherever we are.

I feel an incoming peace - it hasn't consumed me, but I think it will. A peace of making changes that require me to lean on God. Changes that in the process with draw me closer to God. Changes that are making me more of what God intended me to be and changes that are making my life more like the life God intended me to live.

I can't remember exactly what was said in the sermon Sunday that prompted this thought. But I saw myself like on a tall sand dune in the middle of no where. I was crying because I could not find Jesus - but I knew He could be found. I knew that everyone else thought I was crazy and that I was alone in my quest. There was a voice - not audible - but a voice none the less that said - Will you still pursue me if nobody else does? My answer was Yes. That picture has not left my mind this week. That feeling of being alone but yet knowing the importance of my quest was important to more than just me - it was as if something greater depended on me to find Jesus. As I continue to ponder it, I am beginning to get more meaning out of it. But I will just let you think about it. What do you think?

That's it for this week!

Love ya!

D. J.

No comments: