Wednesday, October 13, 2010

On our knees

So, one of Brandy's exercises is to walk on her knees. So we play games and have her walk on her knees. As I watch her I think about all the strength she is building in her thigh muscles, the muscles that surround the knee, the hip muscles, and her little tummy muscles and lower back. Those muscles are building to provide better support, to make her balance more solid so that when she stands - she can stand safely and strongly. If she gets off balance she is better able to recover and hopefully not fall completely down.

Do you know where I am going with this?

I got to work one morning this week and was kinda being attacked by doom and gloom. So I decided I would spend the day "on my knees" in prayer and praise. That caused me to start thinking about Brandy walking on her knees. I may not be on my physical knees. But I humbled myself before God and worked out my spiritual muscles while on my knees before God. As Satan tried to knock me off balance I stood firm - on my knees. As the day continued I felt spiritually stronger, I felt better able to stand. That was the strength and solid balance I got from spending time on my knees.

Much like Brandy - the more time she spends on her knees, the stronger she becomes so will we become stronger the more time we spend on our knees in prayer and praise.

It's beautiful to watch. Now understand she doesn't like doing this knee walking all the time ( neither do we if we are totally honest) but she does it because we have told her it is building her muscles, making her stronger so she won't break as easily. I praise God as I watch her now, because I KNOW what is happening as she walks on her knees AND it prompts me to get on my knees because God told us what will happen when we submit ourselves to prayer and praising him.

I encourage you today - get on your knees and stay there for a while.

Lots of love,

D. J.

No comments: