Thursday, March 25, 2010

No really - too quiet

You know when things quiet down, we have no choice but to look around at what is going on around us and with us. I am seeing many areas that need some improvement. I think there is definite purpose in the calm. Certainly it is for a breather, if you will. But is also a time to re-evaluate things. This is kinda the direction I was moving, but it is becoming more clear to me as this time of quiet lingers. I really do like it, even though seeing some of these areas that I need to improve in is a little frustrating, I am thankful for the time and the insight.

I have realized that during the chaos we have been going through the past few months my tone and my words have really become bad. My little 2 year old has been telling me repeatedly, "Momma, be nice", I thought, "oh how cute" then would tell her "Momma is nice baby". Little did I know God was trying to tap me on the shoulder gently to get me to see the error of my ways. Last night I was hurt and frustrated and totally said something I did not mean to my husband. I was shocked as soon as the words came out of my mouth. But I was also too prideful and to hurt to apologize until the morning. I let that wound I inflicted on my husband fester over night. How awful! I feel wretched. I feel bad about what I said, about not apologizing and even madder that I screwed up so bad. You can't just take words back, especially when you wait to apologize. I was also reminded in my devotion that the devil is always lurking seeking who / what he can destroy...and that we are to be ALERT to this. Our marriages and our families are the most precious gifts we are given. I believe whole heartedly Satan is trying to destroy any and every family he can. I must STAY ALERT!

Hope this helps someone else! Goodness knows I would like my sharing to spare you from a similar mistake.

D. J.

No comments: