Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Holding on to His promises

I have no doubt God plans big things for 2010. I felt God promising me a breakthrough year for 2010 towards the end of 2009. By the time January rolled around, I just could not deny God speaking this to me. I am reminded of Jeremiah 29:11 (my favorite verse) I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you, not to harm you, but to give you a hope and a future. In the whirlwinds (see previous post) and bumps of the new year - Satan is trying to get me to doubt God or to doubt what I heard. Well, I am not going to do it. I am going to hold on to what I KNOW I heard. I am going to praise God each day, each bump of the way for the wonderful things he is bringing to pass this year. I have a big imagination, I mean big, and I have been imagining about what all God is working on - and I get so excited to remember that God does exceeding and abundantly more than we can ask for or imagine! I can already see glimpses of what he is working on - just glimpses. I praise God for those glimpses. As I think about these things I find myself more diligent to be disciplined in my actions and in my thoughts. I am trying and exciting to operate in God's will for every little thing I do each day. It's exciting and calming at the same time!

No comments: