Friday, January 15, 2010

Knowing who you are and being happy

Just recently I was in a situation that normally I would walk away from feeling inadequate, less than those who I was with, down, and lacking. For the first time, when I walked away, I felt good about myself. Things haven't necessarily changed. The people I was with were the same that they have always been, same social status, same financial status, same, same, same. So, why did I feel good about myself? For the first time I realized that I AM doing my best to hear God and to be the person God wants me to be. It no longer mattered what these other people thought, how they acted or how they treated me. This was a HUGE thing for me. Out of all the things we could be in this world and in our lives, what better call to heed than the call of God on our lives?!? This call is a good call, a true call, a call from our creator - this call could not be any more right for us! It is freeing really. Just awesome.

Well, it's a brief post, but I challenge you to ponder it and how you view yourself in light of how you think others view you.

Lots of love,

D. J.

No comments: