Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Are your eyes open?

Thanksgiving is upon us. I am so excited. I love the holidays. As I am sure many of you are doing the same, I have been pondering my blessings. I am abundantly blessed. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty in my life that could be improved, but there is a lot more in my life that I honestly can't imagine having any better because it is so near perfect. As I have been thinking about my blessing I have become my mindful of my thoughts and attitudes towards my blessings. For example; My husband is off work right now due to an injury. I am frustrated that he hurts and so I tend to get mad - it's much easier for me to be mad than worried or hurt. That is some seriously wrong thinking. I have a two year old. A beautiful two year old. But, she is a two year old - terrible twos - but why am I allowing myself to get short with her when I do. Wrong thinking again. My house does not clean itself - I complain -I must have forgot how thankful I am to have a house to clean, how thankful and blessed I am to have a family to clean up after. So, I am having several self talks as I am counting my blessings and choosing my attitudes and responses. I encourage you to do the same. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

D. J.

No comments: