Friday, November 6, 2009

Say "NO" to Stinking Thinking

My goodness, our Wednesday night sermons are so awesome! We are covering spiritual warfare and our pastor is phenomenal at teaching this subject!

I have allowed myself to be consumed now, for quite sometime actually, with negative thinking regarding our finances, my time, my relationships, my personal job performance, my weight loss battle...you name it I was not thinking positive thoughts, I have been constantly worried, frustrated and hopeless. News Flash -- God does not want us to live in a constant state of worry and he certainly doesn't send us ill will. I realized I have been thinking more on the worldly things and have been spending less time in God's word. What a waste of time! That stinking thinking blocks God's blessings. What you think about you bring about! As a man thinks, so he is! What does God say about you! What does God promise His believers? I encourage you find scriptures that point you, your thoughts, your words and your actions to God. Ponder things that are pure, lovely, and true and let God handle the rest! You have to make a daily commitment to this, sometimes hourly, sometime even more frequent! Hold your thoughts captive, when you think a negative, wrong, or worrisome thought, capture it, cast it out and replace it with God's Word!!

By the way, while I have been consumed with this worry and stinking thinking you would never have known it to see me. I am a very happy person, even when I am full of doubt and worry, it takes a lot to get me down. I think it's important that we realize that some people don't "show" and "express" their needs, just because they are happy doesn't mean they don't need prayer, support, and encouragement. The scripture tells us to pray for one another -- it doesn't say only pray for those in need -- pray for one another!

On a final note - those of you who read this, please email your friends and invite them to follow my blog. I want my little personal lessons, experiences and ponderings to help others, the more who know the more can be helped.

Lots of love!!

D. J.

No comments: