Thursday, June 11, 2015

What a difference a day makes!

06/11/15 9:05 AM

Well, today, despite the fact that I have only had 5-6 hours of sleep per night for the past four nights,  I am really feeling good!  Yesterday I was back to eating compliant whole30 all day and Wow - what a difference a day makes. I feel lighter today, clearer, and tired but yet with energy. I am hopeful and motivated!  Good stuff!

I have been missing my home made mayo.  Last night I made a double batch!  I am so excited! I had some with my pork this morning for breakfast.

Let me tell you about a little something I have been trying this week.  Before I tell you I have to give you a little background story.  I used to be a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant.  I loved the training we received.  It was so applicable to life.  One of the things I love but could never really grasp was listing the 6 most important things to get done each day.  I couldn't grasp it  because I could not get past the thought of their only being 6.  I have WAY more than 6 things to get done in a day.  Last week I read an article about things you must do each day to be less stressed or more productive or something like that.  Several of the items on the list I already do.  However, one of them was to list 6 things you want to get done for the day.  Hmmmm.  I decided to give it a whirl.  I have done it for 3 days this week - focusing on things I need to get done around the house.  I have told myself I have to have the list done before I can sit down to do homework.  I hate doing homework when I know there is house stuff that needs to be done - it's very distracting.  By doing this little list I am not distracted when I sit down to do my homework.  In 3 short days I can already see an improvement in the overall cleanliness of my house (remember - I am housekeeperless right now :-(  ) I am pretty excited about the results.  So I have no reason to not continue!

Share with me any strategies you have to have a more productive day!

D. J.

No comments: