Monday, November 21, 2011

God's Focus for the Holidays and New Year

My goodness I love the holidays. I can honestly say this year I am seeking to see, do and act as God would have me to in regard to the holidays. Thanksgiving is a no brainer! He has blessed us GREATLY this year and I have so much to be thankful for. Funny thing is I don't know if God has necessarily done more for me this year than in years past or if I have just been more aware this year of God's miraculous movements. I do believe I am just more aware. For whatever reason I know I am thankful because God has blessed us with healing, with survival, with comfort, with provision - in so many areas, with hope, with encouragement, with answers to prayers. I could write all day long on what God has done for me this year. I am sure you could too if you really sat down and pondered it. I am more aware this year of how active God is all around me - not just in my life and my family's life, but in the lives of those around me. It is just so cool!

My focus this Christmas is also changing. My source of joy is shifting. My joy used to be in the buying and giving of gifts. While I am still enjoying this the shift is in the quality of gifts rather than the quantity or dollar amount spent. More of my joy comes from the fact that the birth of Jesus gave us HOPE to last our entire time while here on earth. The birth saved us from a wretched future. The birth provided us with unselfish, unconditional and undeserved love for eternity! In years very recent past I have been very upset at the lack of funds to spend on Christmas. This year is probably our biggest year of lack of Christmas funds ever - but I have never been more content and more excited.

Then there is the new year! God has been planting the seeds, the glimpses of what my focuses are for this next year. I am excited. I am excited to be seeking Gods complete direction for my goals. Last year I chose my goals and then prayed Gods guidance and direction. This year taking it up a notch and letting God choose my goals - liberating!

Hope this causes you to ponder God today and His very real presence in your life and His very real desire to be a part of your planning.

Lots of love!

D. J.

No comments: